Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Popped into my local stealer and got chatting to the sales person that sold me my ST which will be 3 years ago this June.

He's been on at me to trade it in and go for the RS for some time now. He told me that there is going to be a special edition RS in matt black with the above power output....surely not - can it handle that much power?

If only the RS had the option of 5 doors

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(notsofatso @ 8 Feb 2010, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Popped into my local stealer and got chatting to the sales person that sold me my ST which will be 3 years ago this June.

He's been on at me to trade it in and go for the RS for some time now. He told me that there is going to be a special edition RS in matt black with the above power output....surely not - can it handle that much power?

If only the RS had the option of 5 doors

The black edition was shelved a long time ago.

It may make a appearance but I very much doubt it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
RS in black would look evil.

I reckon salesmen should write childrens books. Amazing overactive imaginations

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 8 Feb 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>imagine rain spots on a matt black car

I dont believe it was ever planned for Matt Black, it was going to be PB, with a few tricks

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ford had not yet decided but the Matt black would be a wrap and not painted because its too difficult to produce painted. Repair is still an issue and discussions are taking place . The Tech people hope it does not happen and hope to have different look as in Autoexpress.

Chris

·
Registered
983 Posts
They may or may not bring out the RS in black. I personally doubt it,but it certainly wouldn't have 385 bhp. Think the salesman is getting confused with the SCC 385 version

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(SpiketheTyke @ 8 Feb 2010, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No not mine mate, would only be the white for me though, just got to pull my finger out and get it ordered

It was posted on our sister RS site about a week ago

There was also a photo of a black one in Performance Ford a couple of months back. Apparently it belongs to a tuning company and thats as much as i remember

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
QUOTE(Gardener @ 8 Feb 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There was also a photo of a black one in Performance Ford a couple of months back. Apparently it belongs to a tuning company and thats as much as i remember

And they will be writing a feature on it soon

·
Registered
20 Posts
isn't it something to do with mountune?!? its the only (as performance ford put it) "well known brentwood based tuning company" that i know of.... Also i read in auto express that ford are releasing a 350bhp Clubsport version of the current RS, also some other bits about the new 2013 version of the RS being a hybrid... hmmmmm....

·
Registered
481 Posts
Auto express had a blue & white one which they say will put out 350bhp
but then again i dont believe a word they say

1 - 20 of 40 Posts