Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20mm spacers. Can you give me some info on them please. What are the advantages of them except for looks. Anyone care to explain the ins and outs for me please

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
It make may you car feel slightly more planted in the bends.

Downsides are increased forces on your wheel bearings and hub assembly.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
20mm spacers. Can you give me some info on them please. What are the advantages of them except for looks. Anyone care to explain the ins and outs for me please
Only advantage is that they improve the stance of the car by filling out the arches. They are actually detrimental to the handling as they move the wheel away from its designed suspension geometry. But on the road you wouldnt really notice. I have run with 3mm, 15mm, 20mm and different offsets of wheels on my ST with no real detrimental effects that I could feel. And as Nathan has pointed out they do put more stress on wheel bearings etc.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
We were talking bout these yesterday motopeter has 20mm alround and gets a little wheel arch rub on certain speedbumps I was gonna go 10mm front and 20mm back would this upset the handling?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts

Pics taken in perspective /at distance can look totally different than when close up,
Just that maybe the suspension was unloaded in that pic,
Certainly looks low in the others

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are you going for 20s all round?
Just curiouse what they did mate and if there was any point in getting them I'm going for handling this time round for the ST and having bilstein b12's and rarb fitted in the new year so was just wondering if they would help aswel. Only used 20mm as a reference as seen them mentioned before

1 - 20 of 27 Posts