Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, im interested in fitting spacers to my standard wheels as the H&R springs have made them look a but tucked. Not sure what will be the best so tried to find some pics but the search didn't find anything...can anyone help? I was thinking either 15mm or 20mm

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Dont mess much with the front. 15mm max. the rear isnt a problem. If i did this, i would go 10 or 15 front, and 15 or 20 back.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I would rather put the same spacers on both front and rear so it remains factory set up. Will prob go for 15 all round
I'm not sure what you mean by "factory set-up", as that is immediately changed the moment you insert spacers. The problem is that, changing the front can be dangerous if its not subtle, while the back has no consequences.

Those looks fien in the photos. Any more from a diagonal angle?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by "factory set-up", as that is immediately changed the moment you insert spacers. The problem is that, changing the front can be dangerous if its not subtle, while the back has no consequences.

Those looks fien in the photos. Any more from a diagonal angle?
I mean keeping the wheels the same distance apart from the front and rear. Front wheel drive cars have a narrower rear track so I wouldnt want to change this by fitting 10mm at the front and 15mm at the rear like you suggested. Id put either 10mm or 15mm all round.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
You cant get 10mm spacers as an easy fit, you would also need to change the studs. The eibach ones only start at 15mm plus. I have 15mm front and rear on mine and they are spot on. Just putting them on the front will cause the back end to become jittery under braking but does give good turn in. Just increasing the back will promote understeer, keeping an equal track or slight front bias would be my advise.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have been told by mechanics that in order to increase the track properly , you need to move the whole suspension arm, not just the rim. Otherwise, on road anomalies the front will behave abnormaly. So small spacers will cause this at a minimum, while big ones, more.

If the car was to be driven only in a circuit, then perhaps all of this doesnt matter. But in everyday roads...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
anyone got a picture of these "being" fitted because daft as it sounds i cant get my head round what fastens where and to what

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
You fit them to the hub with the smaller nuts provided with the threaded bolt facing outwards that the wheel is bolted to with the standard wheel nuts.

wheelspacer.jpg

Not a focus but gives you a idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
everything is clear now, my concern was with having black wheelnuts to go with my black wheels i,d have to use the supplied silver ones but it looks like i use the ones i already have, dont i?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts