Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i had a few questions so i thought you all could help me out!

basically id like to hear everyone's opinions on wheel spacers, what size to get for standard suspension? what price is good for all 4 corners? what brands are the best? what are the advantages and disadvantages of them? any more advice about spacers would be appreciated aswell!

And my other questions is for tyres, they are the standard 18 inch and 225 wide, what brand is the best for all round weather conditions?
and what would be the price for 4?
my current ones are 3 different makes, do you think that makes my st slower due to wheelspin or not?

Thankyou and i hope you can help

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
Don't know much about spacers but I believe 15 - 20mm is around the mark that those that have them use. As for tyres I wouldn't say it was good having three different makes, at the very least I would make sure that the fronts match and the rears match. There's a recent thread on tyres here.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I've got 20mm on the rear and 15mm front spacers. No issues with rubbing etc and mine is lowered.
Go for Eibach spacers or similar, they bolt onto the existing hubs then your wheels bolt to them so they are a solid as can be.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Mismatching tyres don't necessarily make you slower in a straight line, they'll greatly improve your ability to have a good look at some hedges and ditches though

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so is the purpose of spacers purely for looks?

Mismatching tyres don't necessarily make you slower in a straight line, they'll greatly improve your ability to have a good look at some hedges and ditches though
i do like ditches

how much for a set of new quality tyres then approx?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,352 Posts
so is the purpose of spacers purely for looks?

i do like ditches

how much for a set of new quality tyres then approx?

Cheers
Spacers give the car a wider stance, looks a bit more aggressive and the wider track will make the car a little more stable.

Tyres...depends what you go for. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymmetric 2's that a lot of people rate very highly will set you back about £130 - £170 a corner, depending if you want them fitted or just delivered because you know a man who can.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Most people (me included) use them for looks.

As for tyres i use Falken 452's at £73 per corner plus fitting and have used them for years, alot of people on here use them. depends how much you want to spend.

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
Hey everyone i had a few questions so i thought you all could help me out!

basically id like to hear everyone's opinions on wheel spacers, what size to get for standard suspension? what price is good for all 4 corners? what brands are the best? what are the advantages and disadvantages of them? any more advice about spacers would be appreciated aswell!

And my other questions is for tyres, they are the standard 18 inch and 225 wide, what brand is the best for all round weather conditions?
and what would be the price for 4?
my current ones are 3 different makes, do you think that makes my st slower due to wheelspin or not?

Thankyou and i hope you can help
There is no performance advantage with spacers they are purely for looks. Personally I think cars on standard suspension don't look good with spacers. If you really want them then I eould consider lowering it first.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Most people (me included) use them for looks.

As for tyres i use Falken 452's at £73 per corner plus fitting and have used them for years, alot of people on here use them. depends how much you want to spend.
I have these tyres on my car, I going to be buying another 2 in the next couple of weeks as my rears are on the limit. Just waiting for a new set of wheels to arrive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts