Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aware you can buy the iPod lead from ford as mines an st1 so doesn't have the socket in the glove box .. but is it just a 3.5m jack lead into the back of the headunit ??
If so I can get a cheap one from work ...

·
Registered
552 Posts
it goes in the quadlock as per this image here,

you can ignore the writing.. I put it on there to help another user.. and they originally got the image from somebody else. Where the white connector is, never fitted it though so its hard to know for sure.

heres the kit though,
http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/focus_mk2_...or_kit_1554.htm

kit.jpg

Heres a picture of the parts listing? which the kit contains.. if its any help.. graphical representation only though

Attachments

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys , so I have to buy the lead and then a seperate 3.5 jack lead .. I'm going to try and put the aux into one of the blanking plates where the heated seats controls go in st3s

Thanks for your help again

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Yes you will still need the 3.5 and would imagine the Aux lead is about 0.5m long so you can put it more or less any where on the dash/centre console

·
Registered
71 Posts
I took the glovebox out of my
1 and found all the aux wiring already there - just tucked out the way- so just purchased the Fiesta plastic jack plug and mounted it in the glovebox where they are normally found. Then bought a Belkin Ipod/Iphone lead and tucked it out the way threaded thru to the centre console. Happy days and looks OEM too

Dave

PS. Having just reread your thread tho, it could be because I have the facelift stereo fitted to mine

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right guys ive bought the leads and took out the headunit , i was under the impression that i just plugged this in to the spare port on the back of the stereo .. i dont have a spare port , the white one in the picture above is already plugged in , so like 3dguru i took the glove box out and hunted around behind but couldnt see or find anything .. , where was yours placed 3dguru ???

rb2004 did you have to splice yours in like on the picture ??

is anyone local that can help ??? im in chorley

to me it makes sense for all cars to have these wires already in ( with them been all wrapped up ) and then when the cars are finnished off they just plug in the correct leads for the model ??

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update

Took out the head unit again and the glove box .. In the quad lock on the White part I have 3 wires going in , in the possition of the part I bought here http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/focus_mk2_...or_kit_1554.htm
so i hunted around in the glove box and found 2 taped up connectors just above the glovebox .. One of these is long enough to reach to where the aux is supposed to be ..So I checked again behind the headunit and looked what colour the 3x wires going out are to see if they match the ones in the connector I've found 2 of them are but ones not ... I have no idea if this is the correct connector ????

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
ThanIs for that mate , zoomed in as much as I can and it is the right one , so hmm ok how come the solid black wire in that pic above is brown and White into the quadlock ???

So it looks like I have bought the wrong part ?? Will have another look at the weekend

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quick update - it was the connector I mention above so is now connected and down next to the gear lever

Thanks to all of the guys that Replied but especially 3dguru

1 - 13 of 13 Posts