Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
Hello Guys....

Currently working on a project to Retrofit a Ford/Sony DAB Head unit

The Input's are (standard Ford DIN Aerial) and a requirement for an extra Fakra Female from the car to plug onto the second Fakra Male input on the Head unit : Below....

Gas Machine Fixture Composite material Engineering

My Question is ....

How can I split this: (The standard Ford Din Aerial)

Fixture Automotive design Gas Automotive exterior Machine

....to a DIN AERIAL Connection & DAB Aerial Connection. Without having to purchase new Aerial Cable, New aerial base, New aerial Stalk from Ford....

I've been looking at this :
Which is an Autoleads: PC6-536 - DAB Aerial splitter

DAB antenna splitter
No need to install an additional dedicated DAB antenna when installing an aftermarket DAB tuner.
Still allows full FM/AM reception.
N.B. This antenna splitter is NOT compatible with amplified FM aerials/systems

Even this has flaws though... E.g. For my FM Signal Input... I would need to use one of these:

for the output to the FM I would need to use one of these to convert it back to DIN

Doesn't get round the Fact the output for DAB is in the form of a SMB (Female) ... So I need to find some solution to conver the SMB Female to Farka Female.....

e.g...

something which looks similar to this.....

Any Help would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(The Artilleryman @ 11 Feb 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You probably don't wont to hear this but, surely getting the correct leads, aerial base and rod, will mean you will know it will work properly. Did the same in my Mondeo mk4.

Thats ok Mate

What did it cost you for the mondeo as a matter of interest?

Cheers

Marc

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
different make but may have some use
on the astra H when we retro fit the sat nav we keep the original aerial and base that connects to the radio unit and fit an aftermarket fakra aerial for the GPS and either fit it under the 7th speaker in the middle of the dash or into the head lining making sure its facing upwards, I cant see the focus being much different other than it will require a DAB box

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.