Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, looking for some advice,I have just got my ST and found that my cd player is not working,radio fine but cd`s will not play or eject,looking at unit it appears that there are 6 discs in it,sorry for waffling on,to my question.......is this worth repairing or should I look at replacing it,any advice welcome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is it the pre-face lift green light square one? If it is it might be worth unplugging it and seeing if that gets it going again but if its stopped once it probably will again. You'll need the 4 removal pins to get it out, if you don't have a set let me know, I might have a set that I could send on to you.
The one that was in mine decided it had had enough and never worked again, I tried everything I read and had to replace it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the pre-facelift,I have removed it and unplugged it but when I reconnected it there was no difference,when you try to eject the cd it just clicks for a few seconds then displays cd error.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd look at replacing it then, the same as mine went. I picked up a later oval 6 disc player on eBay and a new surround from Ford.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah its the one from the facelift, red backlighting in it. If your fitting a facelift stereo its rounded/curved rather than the squre pre stereo and needs a new facia/surround, I bought one from Ford, they had to order it in but here in a few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts