Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
morning. a friend of mine spends his spare time working on and modifing cars and track day cars. i was talking to him the other day about doing a customer exhaust for my st. basically he is goin 2 take the back box out and just have the center box and the cat (maybe a decat later on). basically after checking the puma speed website its goin 2 look something like this milltech. but on closer inspection it seems to have a different middle box and every other st exhaust has a back box and no centre box pumaspeed. :s

just wondering if the way im planning to do it will b stupidly loud? or is there a reason most seem to have the back box and no centre box?

i have read the other threads but no one seems to have come across this yet

thanks for any advice

·
Registered
506 Posts
it will be LOUD, i've run with just the centre section and box on and it sounded
mega..........to much resonance inside the car tho, but as i've said there was no pipes on the rear which could have caused alot of the noise, my advice - try it!!

neil

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(mitch1054 @ 23 Nov 2009, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>so would a better option b take the cat and centre box out?

That sounds like a much better idea. That is what i'm running with a decat and Piper back box. The sound is awsome but you can live with it inside the car

·
Registered
588 Posts
if he is making it himself try it without any boxes at the back if it is too loud just cut the pipes and weld in some boxes cheaper than doing it the other way around and by not removing the cat the car would be road legal

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well its not till the new year that im doin this just getting ideas now... might go with getting a cheap but longer centre box and remove the back box... keep the cat on aswell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts