1,892 Posts
Stage one for me, only because my Bluefin desktop keep crashing,
me off!

No growl loss for me, its louder

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had stage 2 for almost a month on standard on a normal clutch.
Have any of you running stage 2 on standard ha problems of overheating cos the intercooler is
??

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
i was just thinking if you put stage 2 on a standerd clutch , you may get clutch slip? i av a radtec intercooler, code red cais, sports cat, and a milltek exhuste, im wanting it re maped, but i dont want 2 be paying for a rs clutch yet, will stage 2 be o,k on standard clutch??

·
Registered
782 Posts
My clutch started to slip on stage 2 iirc, can't remember what physical mods i had at tha time thoe, sorry
Prob panel filter and maybe intercooler

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
i was just thinking if you put stage 2 on a standerd clutch , you may get clutch slip? i av a radtec intercooler, code red cais, sports cat, and a milltek exhuste, im wanting it re maped, but i dont want 2 be paying for a rs clutch yet, will stage 2 be o,k on standard clutch??
Yes as said above..I normally take it easy in 1st and 2nd ...then nail it in 3rd and 4th and just feather it in 5th and 6th .......but like stingy told me he is still on his original clutch in the high mileage area and just doesent boot it in 5th or 6th at low speed and you will be fine......I'm running stage 2 low torque with just full turbo back inc decat and a panel filter and mine occasionally will slip in the higher gears but it only happens occasionally....... I will be purchasing an I/C at the end of the month so hoping to see an improvement...

Altho you say you haven't mapped it yet....you need to...I bet your fuel consumption is poor....mine was before I mapped mine....because of the mods.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Just loaded stage 2 on today after having the Road Sport intercooler fitted and its a fantastic map but the clutch couldn't handle it and started to slip.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
occasionally will slip in the higher gears but it only happens occasionally....... I will be purchasing an I/C at the end of the month so hoping to see an improvement...
It'll only get worse as the intercooler will unleash a few more ponies and torqueseses.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
It'll only get worse as the intercooler will unleash a few more ponies and torqueseses.
Didn't think the intercooler would make more power but you could be right as i have clutch slip after fitting the Road Sport intercooler. Definitely feels quicker, but that could be down to the fact that i just loaded stage 2.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Didn't think the intercooler would make more power but you could be right as i have clutch slip after fitting the Road Sport intercooler. Definitely feels quicker, but that could be down to the fact that i just loaded stage 2.
Colder air = More air = More fuel = More bang

1 - 17 of 17 Posts