Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not been on here for probably a year and those left on here who know me probably thought I had changed the ST a long time ago!

Well after the arrival of HollST junior in November it was time to think about moving the ST on as it's a 3 door and so is the missus' car.

I've loved my ST and when the new car arrives in January it will be difficult handing over the keys

She's never let me down (fingers crossed for the next couple of weeks).

She's had the odd issue - backend build on a Friday aternoon I think, highlevel break light not connected and entire boot trim not fitted properly, Front bushes failed after 3 years, Sill started coming away from the body on one side after two weeks of ownership and finally one air vent in the front that broke. I haven't been blown away by the build quality, the lower level plastics are rubbish and interior rattles a lot. But otherwise what a car - you'd have to spend a lot of money to get a car that gave you more.

Along the way I had eibachs, Mountune 260 conversion, mountune cat back and pollyflex bush replacements on the front. The only car I've ever modified (and probably the last). I'd recommend all of the above mods and they definitely all enhanced the car. In truth I'm probably too sensible to get the most out of this sort of car and the mods but I sure have enjoyed owning it and I'm sure I'll still be talking about it in 10 years time.

Advice to new owners and those thinking about buying a ST 225 - don't mismatch tyres - some brands are ok together but I mismatched Conti's and Goodyears and it sent the TCS mental and ruined the car!

I've enjoyed being a forum member over the past 4 or 5 years and met some funny, brilliant and helpful people along the way. I stopped coming on because the audience seemed to change from being people like me to being a different sort of crowd. Maybe it's changes back while I've been away or with the release of the new ST. For those I've met on here, thanks and all the best! Special mentions to Russeh, Gary (Wolfman), Troy and Warrent.

So what did I buy?

Well I looked at the new ST and have ready many a good review (just wach Chris Harris on cars on Youtube!) but I don't like the styling and in the end I think I need something that is a bit bigger and economical

I looked at Volvos and nearly bought a 320M Sport but in the end I went completely left field and went for a Mazda CX5 (don't judge me!)

I know I'll miss the ST but both me and the missus are looking forward to something we can chuck everything in and just go, no worrying about 3 doors and all the associated hassles and no worrying about scraping the splitter on the floor!!!!

So the key points - Loads of space, £30 a year tax, claimed 60mpg - banking on 50 and loads of kit!

So nothing left to say but thanks, enjoy your ST's and all the best for Xmas, New Year and Beyond!!!!

HOLLST

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
My god it has been a while, wondered where you were hiding

Sorry to hear the ST is going matey but enjoy the Mazda!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I have a long term cunning plan that the cx5 becomes the misses car in a few years time (shhhhhhh she doesn't know) so maybe I'll be back!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts