Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've booked my ST into Ford for next week - I've got the dreaded clutch drop.
They are going to bleed the system - has anyone had any success with this? (i know there are lots of threads but i cant seem to find anyone saying whether this helped?)
If it doesn't has anyone had any contribution from Ford when their car is out of warranty to fix the problem?

·
Registered
587 Posts
So I've booked my ST into Ford for next week - I've got the dreaded clutch drop.
They are going to bleed the system - has anyone had any success with this? (i know there are lots of threads but i cant seem to find anyone saying whether this helped?)
If it doesn't has anyone had any contribution from Ford when their car is out of warranty to fix the problem?
Hi Becky, from what i have read this wont solve the issue, even swapping out the whole clutch assembly hasnt helped some people teabag i think the guys name is on here, he seems to have suffered hugely.

I never had any issues with mine after the clutch was replaced with the RS clutch, it could be coincidence but i am not sure, my car was a 2008 and was out of warranty so Fords would not help

·
Registered
418 Posts
i had this problem, it ended up being the slave cylinder leaking, whole new clutch was fitted to the tune of 700 quid! bleeding the clutch fixed mine for about a week lol

·
Registered
702 Posts
A full blanket repair including the following only ever solved my problem.
New slave cylinder
New hydraulic pipes
New master cylinder
New pedal assembly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts