Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Popped in my local Arnold Clark Ford dealer this moring to price some mats and wind deflectors and while i was there i thought ill just get a price for the Eiback lowering kit. So i asked the bloke behind the counter for all the parts as he said he would print it all off and give me a total so i did then we got to the suspension and he looked and looked and ........looked some more on his computer and couldnt find the Eibach kit for the ST so he just said you carnt get it for the ST. So i disagreed and he came back with 2 of his mates and they all said you couldnt lower the ST cause of side skirts. So i left happy with the price for the other bits but wasnt please with the knowledge or lack of should i say about the suspension.

The question is for warrenty do i need to buy and have Eibachs fitted at FORD for them not to affect the warrenty?

Sorry if there is alot of spelling mistakes im doing it on the sly at work.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
They sound like a helpful bunch and they obviously know their stuff

Maybe you can send them a link to this thread and the hundreds of others so we can all "have a little chat" with these experts

As for eibachs they are covered by Ford for warranty purposes. & i would imagine that they would want to fit them

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
They sound like a helpful bunch and they obviously know their stuff

Maybe you can send them a link to this thread and the hundreds of others so we can all "have a little chat" with these experts

As for eibachs they are covered by Ford for warranty purposes. & i would imagine that they would want to fit them
Aha question answered!

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,493 Posts
Jennings at South Shields also said youcouldn't get them for the
as it allready has sports suspension on,ask John-
3 how many sets he has bought from Ford

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sent you a PM. Basically, you dont need them fitted at ford, Ford will be the cheapest place.

And the Ford part number for the Eibach kit is 1440882. I will get a price for you tomorrow and I see how much trade discount I can get off a set for you.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sent you a PM. Basically, you dont need them fitted at ford, Ford will be the cheapest place.

And the Ford part number for the Eibach kit is 1440882. I will get a price for you tomorrow and I see how much trade discount I can get off a set for you.
Nice one cheers.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My ford dealer wanted £430 to fit eibachs .. Asked them why they wanted to charge me so much and they claimed it's not an easy job and would take 3-4 hrs ... Laughed at then and told them it's an hr job if you know what your doing

John @ profile told me his record was 45 mins

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
John @ profile told me his record was 45 mins
Not as fast as Dave then while doing mine
. Seemed like 10 mins ... or maybe that was just me being excited

BBG04 - not sure where you are from but there are some good deals with the on site sponsors ... and two
from folks here already for Profile Automotive (aka Wolf / Code Red)!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ford has started phasing out the Eibachs for mk1 & mk1.5 Focus's

Could well be alot of dealers arent dealing with the mk2's as alot think they are a chew on - my local dealers dont want anything to do with them.

Rob

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Could well be alot of dealers arent dealing with the mk2's as alot think they are a chew on - my local dealers dont want anything to do with them.

Rob
This seems to be the answer to the problem then.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Rob

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Rob

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Not sure what else you are running BBG04 but if you did happen to call into Profile, their demo car is a great buzz ... and if you did go for springs then you may well be tempted to walk away with their re-map too; I was (albeit it in two sittings) and glad I did

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I take everything back that i said in the first post just been back to Arnold clarke to buy the bits i wanted Mats, Boot mat, Wind deflectors and Ipod cable. he said at a guess last time was going to be about £120ish then gave me 20% off that was £100. went in to pay and he gave me the mats free and only paid £84.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I take everything back that i said in the first post just been back to Arnold clarke to buy the bits i wanted Mats, Boot mat, Wind deflectors and Ipod cable. he said at a guess last time was going to be about £120ish then gave me 20% off that was £100. went in to pay and he gave me the mats free and only paid £84.
Even so, are they still sure the ST cant be lowered?? Monkeys

·
Registered
571 Posts
Eibachs not for the ST? WOW!!! They must be up to date there. Idiots!

The box has the finnis code and it says for Focus ST 2005>

I think some sales people are complete

1 - 17 of 17 Posts