Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My car seemd to have a slight misfire, when the car is ideling you can feel it is hunting then when you are on the move at between 2000-3000rpm you can feel a slight misfire, its been into Ford and they cant find anything wrong,anyone eles had this problem or think they might know what it is?

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the replys, I changed plugs but its still the same, someone eles said could be the maf, so will get Ford to have another look,as its still under warrently till July.

How do you tell if it is the maf?

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
I had this turned a few months back and it was the maf, first a master tech said it must be an air leak, i took my dv off and all was fine for a few days, then it came back. The only other thing it could be was the maf, changed it, and it was fine.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(Tom_ST @ 27 Feb 2010, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers for the replys, I changed plugs but its still the same, someone eles said could be the maf, so will get Ford to have another look,as its still under warrently till July.

How do you tell if it is the maf?

Cheers

Tom

Ask someone nice if you can borrow there maf and then see how your car runs. If you fancy a drive to just outside Winchester i have one you can borrow for a quick run up the road and back?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers guys, going try Ford, but they are

QUOTE(Gardener @ 27 Feb 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ask someone nice if you can borrow there maf and then see how your car runs. If you fancy a drive to just outside Winchester i have one you can borrow for a quick run up the road and back?

Cheers for the offer, will try ford first as its still under warrenty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts