Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Since the new look has been up and runing ive had a serious issue with the speed of the site ,it was takeing ages to load a page ,ages to allow me to log on etc etc .
Then mid morning today i couldnt log on at all and the only way i could access the site was to open an e mail from another member and click on the link to the club ,this then only allowed me to use the shout box and would not let me use any other feature .
Ive just logged back on and the sites runing so much better for me at this end so id just like to thank whomever sorted this afternoons issues out as it seems to of speeded things up so much at my end !!!
well done that man and thanks im now able to load pages and log on with no issues whatsoever

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I guess you are an Internet Explorer user.

I could go through all the things we (mainly Jim) have done previously and did do today, but it works so that is the main thing and we are all glad about that

If you ever feel tempted by switching your browser to something else (Firefox preferably) do so without hesitation.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
beings as im pants on computers how would i go about swapping to firefox then ??
also would this affect any other programes on my sytem as i realy am pants with computers and dont want to start messing about with too much on the computer .
is this an easy task ??

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
As has been said just download and install it. You can choose to leave IE as your default browser, so all your other programs will continue to use that if you want.

You can just open Firefox as and when you wish to use it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Although as IE still accounts for the majority of web users the forum could just be designed to work on ALL browsers.

Works fine for me on IE8. I have all browsers installed due to my job but still prefer IE over the others although Chrome is getting good now.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Hi Admin Staff,
As said before, I've also found that the website is struggling to load pages. Sometimes it takes around 6 - 8 seconds to load a page, and sometimes it just refuses to load certain pages.
Unfortunately I can't change to Firefox because the computer's not my own (it's my work's computer). Does this mean that I'll just have to live with it?

Is it possible that it will get faster in the future?

Cheers,

Ian.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,449 Posts
Did you not see the big sign at the top of the page?

Site Maintenance
Please bear with us whilst we attempt to address the reported page loading time issues, rather than close the site down, this will be carried out with it open. Please ignore any error messages or 'debug' information.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Seriously?!!!!
Did you not see the big sign at the top of the page?

Site Maintenance
Please bear with us whilst we attempt to address the reported page loading time issues, rather than close the site down, this will be carried out with it open. Please ignore any error messages or 'debug' information.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts