Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i have done your signature would you please pm me your user name and password so i can redo them.

I have made them to big and there are against the clubs rules on the size of signatures.

I would like to apologize if this has caused any hassle.

(and yes i have done mine already)

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Thanks Tony.

And for those who don't already know:

Rules for Signatures are:

- Signatures must be limited to 100 pixels in height and 500 pixels in width and must conform to forum regulations i.e. Appropriate content. Any combination of images and text is allowed as long as it fits within the 100x500 limits.

- Signatures are subject to moderator review, and if found to be inappropriate you will be asked to revise it accordingly. Failure to do so satisfactorily will result in the Signature being removed and possibly privilege to have a Signature removed.

- These guidelines are not meant to hinder creativity in your signature, rather, they are encouraged and are set so that they do not disrupt or hinder readability of the forum.

- Animated gifs are NOT allowed.
- Check image sizes by right-clicking on your image selecting "properties"
- use [ Thumb ] not [ img ] tags when displaying images
- Maximum of 4 [ thumb ] images per signature

Text:
- Only normal or reduced text size. Use a different colour if you want to emphasize something.
- If you have too many modifications to list, put in the highlight mods.
- Each line of normal text is 16 pixels. Do not use larger text. Reduce image size accordingly to account for each line of text.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Just in case it's not been explained to people why signatures are limited to the sizes they are, allow me to take a moment to do so.

Most people will be surfing on a PC or a laptop. When you have a 17"+ screen, signatures aren't too much of an issue. You're most likely on broadband, and the time to download a large number of signature images is fractional. However, a lot of people are now surfing on netbooks, PDAs and mobile devices such as iPhones. Certainly the mobile devices are more likely to be on 3G (quick) or GPRS (slow) connections. All of a sudden, downloading 20-30 relatively large signature images becomes quite tedious. Furthermore, the screens on these devices are only a fraction of the size of a PC or laptop screen, and it causes the display to be stretched, skewed and distorted.

Having many large signatures with lots and lots of text about mods (which are, by and large, broadly irrelevant and skipped over by 99% of forum readers) and really mullers things when you're on a mobile device.

So I hope you can see that it's not about being awkward or 'nut-kicking'. It's about making the forum as usable for all, however or wherever they may be surfing it.

HTH.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have resized all the signature that i have done.

All i need now is for the members who's i have done to PM me there details and i will swap them over for them.

We all know it is nothing personal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts