Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Managed to remove the headlight Ok but have been unable to find how to remove the wiring connector!

Anyone give me an idea please on how to undo .... really must be simple but following 10 mins of trying, I didn't want break it.

Just purchased a 58 plate ( new shape ) ST-3 to give an idea of car.

Trying to change the side light bulbs to a whiter bulb.

Thanks in advance

Mark

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i did this the other day. i just put a cloth under the headlight ontop of the bumper to stop me scratching it. i didnt undo the wiring just changed it there and then. its easier on the passeneger side.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both.
I did read the manual re removing the plastic back however it would easier to do if I could find how to undo the multi connector.

Need to pop up to Ford tomorrow so will try to ask a mechanic to show me ( so long as they don't charge me ! )

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
lol i know the tricky bit your on about. ive never had to undo it though. can you see one anywhere else on the engine so you can have a better look. i think you need to push a flat head screw driver into it i think.

·
Registered
349 Posts
QUOTE(Gixermark @ 17 Jan 2010, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all

Managed to remove the headlight Ok but have been unable to find how to remove the wiring connector!

Anyone give me an idea please on how to undo .... really must be simple but following 10 mins of trying, I didn't want break it.

Just purchased a 58 plate ( new shape ) ST-3 to give an idea of car.

Trying to change the side light bulbs to a whiter bulb.

Thanks in advance

Mark
thinking of doing this mod to, what type of bulb did you need and where did you get them from

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 22 Jan 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i did mine the other day and left the headlight plugged in with a old rag on the bumper technique! got my bulbs (ice white 501's) from ebay for 99p. halfords charge £4 for them.
I totally agree the headlamp connectors are
pants.

In theory you squeeze the connector at the top where there's a square cut-out tab on the side, this should flex the plastic enough causing the locking tab to lift off the peg on the mating part of the headlamp. Sometimes it helps to get a small screwdriver in there to force the end of the tab inwards and upwards a bit but the angle to get access can be blocked by the headlamp body
I find it's helpful to use a flat screwdriver between the connector and headlamp body to GENTLY ease the connector upwards at the same time as trying to squeeze the latch as the connectors are a tight fit together (cos of the waterproofing seal) and it's better than pulling on the wires to try to get them apart.

Loko you don't mean sliding the u-shaped locking tab out and splitting the connector to get it apart do you? I wouldn't recommend doing that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.