Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Focus ST3 TDCI - Frozen White
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m ordering a puma speed induction hose, I’ve seen they do a short shifter aswell that goes directly under the air box so was thinking may aswell do the two at the same time etc.

My question is are they worth it do they add anything to the driving experience?

also sorry for all the threads I’m new to the st world!
Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, I’ll probably leave it for now as I have now intention on taking it on a track anytime soon. Was just thinking if they was worth it I would do it at the same time as I’m im already halfway there by changing the induction hose :)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have a Collins short shifter on mine & it has made a huge difference to the general driveability. Mind you I had one of the infamous Focus ST Owners Club short shifters on the Mk2 so was probably spoilt as the gear throw on the Mk3 seemed massive by comparison! It was the first mod I did to the car! Makes it so much nicer to drive 'enthusiastically'.....................:whistle:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Collins short shifter on mine & it has made a huge difference to the general driveability. Mind you I had one of the infamous Focus ST Owners Club short shifters on the Mk2 so was probably spoilt as the gear throw on the Mk3 seemed massive my comparison! It was the first mod I did to the car! Makes it so much nicer to drive 'enthusiastically'.....................:whistle:
Im glad it’s not just me that thinks the fear throw is is big I thought I did something wrong 🤣 this is what I’m looking at I may have thrown some people off saying “short shifter” sorry in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts