Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
So after reading a topic on here last night I thought I'd have a play with the instrument test sequence today. Didn't turn up much apart from a D900 fault code, doubt it's anything to worry about, but will look in a min.

I took a picture of my LED Test Screen and was just wondering if my shift light should be working? Car is running the MR290 remap. The snow flake and i button alternate between red and orange, however the up arrow stays a constant green. Someone mentioned their shift light being red, I'm guessing the green button is, dare I say it
, an "eco" button
. And as everyone knows "Eco" and "ST" should never be in the same sentence

Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer Motor vehicle

Just wondering if I should mention it at the next time it's at TGST for a service. Someone did say yesterday that if it has the rounded head unit fitted then the function has been removed with the cluster update.

Many thanks Nick

Attachments

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
Your's doesn't look to have it as I'm sure they removed in on FL models. The green arrow is usually for eco mode on other cars. I have a pre facelift and mine has the shift light on. To be honest you're not missing much as I know when to change gear, also I'm keeping my eyes on the road when my rev needle is at 6k not my instument lights.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your's doesn't look to have it as I'm sure they removed in on FL models. The green arrow is usually for eco mode on other cars. I have a pre facelift and mine has the shift light on. To be honest you're not missing much as I know when to change gear, also I'm keeping my eyes on the road when my rev needle is at 6k not my instument lights.
Yeh I know, just wanted to see if it had it really, I think my eyes see things now and again and I imagine that I see something flash. Ah well, almost xmas

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
im sure ive got a shift light on my facelift, will check it out later, d900 is nowt to worry about its something to do with the ecu, usually when the cars been mapped

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
im sure ive got a shift light on my facelift, will check it out later, d900 is nowt to worry about its something to do with the ecu, usually when the cars been mapped
Yeh i'm sure I've read that earlier FL models had it.

Just checked Mountunes ST Cat-Back video out and and their 58 plate has it! Vid attached 1:15 onwards

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep mines a facelift 58 plate and nearly sure blufin activated it. Think I've only seen it once though as said it's high up the rev range. Could be wrong though.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
That's the whole point of a shift light, so you can see it while still watching the road.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I have an 08 facelift and the shift light DOES work.
However, I have a different cluster to you.
The orange bit in the middle on mine is much taller. But this might be because I have the sat nav, and the cluster is used to show directions.

You also have the glowplug light...... Sure you've not got a diesel.....

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
That's the whole point of a shift light, so you can see it while still watching the road.
I find that it's not really in my line of vision when watching the road and I'm not sure that anyone really uses it. Ideally you would have a shift light on the top of the steering wheel like in F1.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Sure you've not got a diesel.....
maybe that's how i achieved 39.9mpg once. although someone i know gets 34mpg out of his megane sport 175bhp diesel, I would consider him a tad unhinged, increases to 36mpg on longer runs though.

i think the larger display is to do with the sat-nav, the smaller silver one, not the big screen with dual climate.

next time i go for a service i'll ask if they can make the glow plug work as a shift light

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
maybe that's how i achieved 39.9mpg once. although someone i know gets 34mpg out of his megane sport 175bhp diesel, I would consider him a tad unhinged, increases to 36mpg on longer runs though.

i think the larger display is to do with the sat-nav, the smaller silver one, not the big screen with dual climate.

next time i go for a service i'll ask if they can make the glow plug work as a shift light
Just to confuse things I have the big sat nav with dual climate and I have the big cluster

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cars built from 2010 onwards have a different instrument cluster to other facelift cars. I've got one with the mp260 map on and there's no shift light, it's says that this feature won't work in the mountune documentation you get with the upgrade

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cars built from 2010 onwards have a different instrument cluster to other facelift cars. I've got one with the mp260 map on and there's no shift light, it's says that this feature won't work in the mountune documentation you get with the upgrade
my build date is march 2009 and i dnt have a shift light!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
my build date is march 2009 and i dnt have a shift light!!
It could be after 2009 that there was a cluster change. I'll have to check in my mountune documentation. Anyway my cluster when in the test mode looks the same as yours so I can say you've got nothing to worry about with the lack of shift light.

Tim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts