Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Due to the amount of grief from certain folk on here
you know who you are
I thought I'd better give her a bit of a scrub.

Whilst scrubbing her I noticed shed loads of tar on every panel, so half way through the scrubbing process it was off to Halfords for some Turtle Wax Tar Remover, £7 wasted absolutely rubish, so out with a clean cloth and some unleaded from the mower reserves, now I know the purists will criticise me for doing so but its done the job straight the way and I'm happy.

Anyway here a few befores and afters

Attachments

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTEDue to the amount of grief from certain folk on here
you know who you are

Looks great, I could of told you about the Turtle Wax stuff its really poo!

Never mind.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
so out with a clean cloth and some unleaded from the mower reserves, now I know the purists will criticise me for doing so but its done the job straight the way
[/quote]

unleaded
im sure meguires do some thing for this

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(kevin @ 13 Feb 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>so out with a clean cloth and some unleaded from the mower reserves, now I know the purists will criticise me for doing so but its done the job straight the way

unleaded
im sure meguires do some thing for this

Yeh poss Kev, but I'd already been out once midpoint and didn't want to go again due to the weather closing in and the next lot may have been just as bad

·
Registered
552 Posts
lol, hope u used the 2 bucket method! on all that road dirt and grit.

Mine was in a worse state the other week, had to snow foam and rinse it twice, and spray twice with the pressure washer to get the worst off before I even attempted to clean it. Just spent a fortune having mine professionally detailed before christmas.. and it already got lightly "swirled up" by a mistake of taking it to hand car wash place.. so I made sure I got the worst off before even considering taking a sponge to it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(kevin @ 13 Feb 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>so out with a clean cloth and some unleaded from the mower reserves, now I know the purists will criticise me for doing so but its done the job straight the way
unleaded
im sure Maguires do some thing for this

yer mate i totally understand just my thoughts were the unleaded couldn't be no good for the paint work or lacker

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(RB2004 @ 13 Feb 2010, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol, hope u used the 2 bucket method! on all that road dirt and grit.

Mine was in a worse state the other week, had to snow foam and rinse it twice, and spray twice with the pressure washer to get the worst off before I even attempted to clean it. Just spent a fortune having mine professionally detailed before christmas.. and it already got lightly "swirled up" by a mistake of taking it to hand car wash place.. so I made sure I got the worst off before even considering taking a sponge to it.

Oh deffo, wouldn't touch it without jet washing first, infact three attemps with the jet, then washed, then tar removed, then inside all doors, boot and engine bay, then washed again, then two sessions on the wheels, then leathered twice, then dried with a cloth, then it rained

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(ARCTICMONKEY @ 13 Feb 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice n shiny just finished mine

I was going to say well done Arctic, but come on wheres the evidence hey hey, I think your not coming clean yourself

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
unleaded won't do any harm to the paint mate. as long as you don't put a match to it

it will also remove any wax you have previously added.
tar remover is just as harsh. just polish it and it will be ok.
good job by the way.

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 13 Feb 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>unleaded won't do any harm to the paint mate. as long as you don't put a match to it

it will also remove any wax you have previously added.
tar remover is just as harsh. just polish it and it will be ok.
good job by the way.

Thanks Stingy

To be honest i've done it for years, lets face it around the filler cap never looks abused, on the plus side and its not often you would here this petrol is cheaper
, as for any wax i've put on previously

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
QUOTE(STEO @ 13 Feb 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Stingy

To be honest i've done it for years, lets face it around the filler cap never looks abused, on the plus side and its not often you would here this petrol is cheaper
, as for any wax i've put on previously

oh ok then the
looking better than before anyway

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
That's a good improvement!!!!
A super shiny EO.

Don't suppose she'll be clean for long though. It's a never ending job.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(RS2kJane @ 13 Feb 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's a good improvement!!!!
A super shiny EO.

Don't suppose she'll be clean for long though. It's a never ending job.

Like the Forth bridge Jane
especially as she does 2K a month

·
Registered
187 Posts
Morning chap,
Im disapointed now i wanted to be the first to reply to this,was'nt on line yesterday.
Cracking job there mate but what about your tail pipes??
Oh and whats that orange thingy in your bucket? Rain should'nt have stopped you, you've a nice colour co-ordinated brolley in the boot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts