Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a set of eibach pros and now my head lights are too low. They level up ok and sit straight but are too low. Can anyone give me an idea how to adjust them?

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Follow the link I posted.

There's a sensor on the front that's an L shape.

If the front of the car is lifted then sometimes when it goes back on the floor, it becomes less L shaped and more J shaped (the wrong way around).

Just jack the front right up, take wheel off, and move it the correct way.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
you also have to manually adjust the lights using the hex screws on the lights. The usual rule is park on a flat peice of ground 4m away from a wall. Mark a line on the wall 650-700mm high, and adjust the beam up to the line. Dont alter the sideways beam or you may need to have them reset propperly to avoid dazzling other drivers etc.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Was the arm too low or too high?
Wes had recently had springs fitted.

The arm as per the thread listed above shows that it should be @ 90 deg facing towards the rear of the car. On Wes car the arm was facing towards the front of the car.

A simple jack up and twist the arm round was all that was required

Hope that helps but do take a look at the other thread with pictures to help you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for that. I'm taking a look at mine this afternoon so should be able to see driving home 😝

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Regardless of whether or not the arm had been twisted around the wrong way, when you have lowered the height of the car the beam height will need manually adjusting and the level sensors should also have their base setting adjusted in the ECU using the Ford IDS.

The lights need setting because with the springs/car being lower the ECU thinks that the car is carrying more weight (due to the increased angle on the arms/sensors and so the lights are adjusted accordingly) So getting them adjusted to zero is good practice after manually adjusting the beam.

But i am led to believe that it can only be done with Ford IDS?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts