Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(xxtrickzxx @ 20 Jan 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi guys and gals just a picked my new st2 up today and loving it,at work now but can't seem to get the drivers seat to go back to set position after sliding it forwards as descibed in the user manual.does the st have seat memory?

Sliding forward to get in back?

·
Registered
150 Posts
ive just got my st3 and worked it out, pull the leaver and tip the seat forward the slide seat base forward so passenger can get in. once your passenger is seated tell them to push the back of the seat forward while pulling the base back towards them, it will then slide into it's remembered place and then they can let the back come down and lock in. my lad can do it! lol.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 20 Jan 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>push the back of he seat forward untill it locks then it will return to its original position

Hmm looks like I may have a fault then I've tried many times just and it just slides straight to the back,tried holding the lever not holding it,setting seat really forward and still no joy,thought it was me had three other blokes from work have a go,I will have to move the child seat over to the missus side till I get it sorted

·
Registered
557 Posts
I did not realise this until I read a thread on here some months ago! Not sure if the manual explains it properly

Just to make sure you are doing it correct -
You have to pull the lever and bend the seat (back rest part) forward quite hard until it locks, and only then slide the bottom of the seat. Maybe you need to get back into a proper position before it works?
The seat stays locked then, and you can move it back to remembered position before using lever to unlock again.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(davo1983 @ 20 Jan 2010, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Gav has done a topic on this with a full explination maybe even a video clip IIRC, do a quick search im sure it will easily be found.
Dohh!video now removed,I hope it is broke now because I can't believe it's got me stumped,just got rid of a mk7 fiesta and I had no probs getting that to work

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
hi mate. fold the seat back forward, slide the seat towards the stering wheel. then push the seat back hard! and it should lock! then when you slide the seat back it should return to its original position!
if not then its
and bring it back to your dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers guys,ive just come back from an hour long session at the dealers,had two tech boys trying and none of then could do it! one of them looked under both seats and said it doesnt have the function,wonder if they have took it of the 59 plate's?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I have the same problem that I cant get it to work. Thing is I think it may be a fault as I am sure I got it to work once or twice at the start but now it does not want to do it.

ON that thought I am going out to the car to try it now...

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
QUOTE(AlanK @ 21 Jan 2010, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have the same problem that I cant get it to work. Thing is I think it may be a fault as I am sure I got it to work once or twice at the start but now it does not want to do it.

ON that thought I am going out to the car to try it now...

Now Freezing and annoyed. Not matter how I tried it was not happening

EDIT - Just realised there was one thing I never tried - BRB

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(adgieman @ 21 Jan 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont know about anyone else but im waiting with anticipation, maybe he is stuck in the back and cant get the seat to go forwards again to get out
Hope his head ain't stuck under the seat

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.