Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any members who have a scangauge II used a Blendmount to install it above the rear view mirror ? I just wondered if these mounts fit a ST mirror stalk.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
I got my Blendmount last week and fitted it all at the weekend. I did have Scangauge mounted on the mirror with velcro but it limited the adjustment of the mirror , which was a pain when i am getting on for 6ft 2''. I could not get the mirror tilted up high enough as the Scanguage hit the screen first .

The Blendmount sorted all that out and allows me to set the mirror where i need it .

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers guys - Speedfreak did you have any problems fitting it ? Did it fit around the mirror "stalk" ok?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
It's a little fiddlley to be honest , and i did it in the dark with only the interior lights to see with . It does fit around the stalk ok even though the
mirror stalkis elipse shaped and not round .

I will try and get some pictures of it tomorrow !!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK mate that would be helpful - did you buy yours from OBDUK or whatever their called? Thanks for your quick reply too!!

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Yep , thats where i got mine . They sometimes come up on E-Bay , but with the shipping costs from the states it worked out dearer than OBDUK .....

·
Registered
93 Posts
is the ScanGauge worth the money or not? ive been looking at one for a while now but not sure what gains i would get from it?

any help would be great!!!!

cheers ben

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Ben...Have you looked at the Scangauge site ??

http://www.scangauge.com/products/

It's probably of most use on a modded car . There are lots of different gauges that you can set that the
does not have . It will allow you to keep an eye on certain parameters of the car and allows for the reading and clearing of fault codes .

It wont gain you any performance what so ever , but will give you a way of spotting trouble early or monitoring fuel consumption with reasonable accuracy

·
Registered
93 Posts
they do sound very good, i was looking at one fpr my old Racing Puma but never got round to it.
Just ordered myself a white ST3 due in march, are they worth it on a standard car? or just good for a modded one?

cheers for the help

ben

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
Scangauge rocks!!

I couldn't get mine to sit on top of the mirror, the plastic surround around the wiring going down into the auto-dimming mirror interfered too much.

I just stuck mine on the dash at the top right of the radio.

Looks just fine...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Good point Dave....not sure how it would fit with the auto-dimming mirror as i wouldassume that the stalk might be of a larger diameter . As i don't have the auto mirror it was not a problem for me .....

·
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 2 Feb 2010, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good point Dave....not sure how it would fit with the auto-dimming mirror as i wouldassume that the stalk might be of a larger diameter . As i don't have the auto mirror it was not a problem for me .....

Ooooh, really?

I thought auto-dimming mirror was standard across the range?

You learn something every day.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers Speedfreak - just one more question how did you route the wire down to the OBD socket?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
I tucked it under the head lining and then over to the A-pillar moulding. If you pull off the door rubber around the A-pillar area there is a very handy void that the cable will fit in . From there you can easily get it to the underside of the lower dask .

I drilled a 12mm hole in the back of the pocket area where the OBD port is which made it easy to route the cable to the port ...

If you need pics , just ask and i will try and get some up tomorrow night

·
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 2 Feb 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pictures are promised guys .

The auto dimming mirror would be nice Dave

Ahhhhh. I see now.

No - that definitely wouldn't have worked on Rambo. At least not without some fettling.

I was going to buy one too. Glad I didn't now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts