Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,285 Posts
Thank you Mr Postie for delivering my ScanGauge this morning

I used velcro to attach it to the top of the internal mirror. Well hidden away up there and virtually invisible when glancing into the car!

I hid the wire in the roof lining and down the side of the 'A' pillar behind the rubber trim.

All hidden and out of the way !!

(Thanks Sid
)

http://www.scangauge.net/

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks nice mate, perfect position, did the velcro come with the scanauge and did you have to buy any other cabling to get it
fitted where you have

·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It came with the standard wire which is long enough to plug it in and run it around the door and up into the roof lining with a bit to spare!

The velcro came from the local shop at the HUGE cost of £1

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Fancy one of these myself, I shall carry out an inspection on the day of the city to coast run and pass judgement

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts

It's an awesome bit of kit Scott.

Wait 'till you start playing with the Xgauge codes!!

Sorry - was that a bit geeky?

<runs off and hides under Superman duvet.....>

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
What exactly does this do? Looks a technical piece of kit.
It's a bit like a "live datalogger". It connects to the OBD port (like a DS handset) and displays realtime data about your car that isn't ordinarily displayed on the dash.

You can then go a step further and calibrate it with your fuelling so as to display amount of fuel used/remaining (down to 0.1litres), cost per mile, cost of trip, cost per day, amount of fuel used per day etc etc.

It can also display throttle position, O2 sensor readings, fuel pressure, exact water temperature, closed/open loop status, exact RPM etc etc etc.

Read all about it here --> http://www.scangauge.com/products/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts