Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

Can't find it anywhere in the manual and was wondering how accurate the ScanGauge system is.

I fitted mine yesterday and am a bit concerned with the BHP that shows under acceleration. If it is accurate, is that through the wheels or flywheel?

Fankoo good people

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Hi all..

Can't find it anywhere in the manual and was wondering how accurate the ScanGauge system is.

I fitted mine yesterday and am a bit concerned with the BHP that shows under acceleration. If it is accurate, is that through the wheels or flywheel?

Fankoo good people
What readings have you had Scott? Ive have seen up to 381bhp on mine.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
The MPH on my ScanGauge reads less than the cars speedo but reads the same as my road angle.

Other than that i don't have a clue
I think all speedos read slightly higher than reality, gps systems are usually bang on therefore I imagine the scanguage is correct too, as for the bhp I also havn't a clue!

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I find mine pretty much bang on with most of the guages but to get a accurate read out on the BHP you cant without going above UK national speed limits, think of a RR and what speed the car would be doing flat out in 4th

And no I haven't tried it or advise it

·
1,285 Posts
I find mine pretty much bang on with most of the guages but to get a accurate read out on the BHP you cant without going above UK national speed limits, think of a RR and what speed the car would be doing flat out in 4th

And no I haven't tried it or advise it
I was wondering as I was in a 60mph speed limit and accelerating to get up to it but the BHP was showing quite an erractic reading with huge discrepencies, hence why I was questioning it!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
The scanguage reads what the ECU see's.... therefore the readings would be accurate.

However .... the BHP figure will be a calculated affair from the sensors read by the ECU so i would not take that too seriously unless your out to impress the local kids. True fiqures on the rollers im afraid , but even that can be a gamble with readings all over the place

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
The Scangauge BHP readout is based on some simple mathematics based around some fairly arbitrary assumptions about your car. End result is that the BHP figure displayed is pretty random and inaccurate - about the same as an RR.

However, the MPH readout is BANG on the money. As with Tony above, I have compared it with my RoadAngel and it is PRECISELY the same. As we all know, the RoadAngel itself is extremely accurate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts