Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all

Just wanted to make you guys aware that I was recently scammed by a seller on ebay. To cut a long story short, I purchased a set of RS injectors which never arrived. I had to raise an ebay dispute after I received no response to my emails and fortunately Ebay / Paypal were able to reclaim my money from him.

I have done a bit of hunting around and he is active on here, his username is DolbyST, and his Ebay username is Dolby2310. I see he has a set of dash clocks for sale in the classifieds section so I would strongly advise everyone to steer well clear! I have messaged a staff member on here a little while ago to make them aware should soemthing happen in the future, but wanted to also make you guys aware of it in case you send some money over and never see it again.

Cheers

Rich

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Instead of jumping to conclusions, are you sure that he's not on holiday; doesn't have access to emails, hasn't seen the email etc etc etc?

Obviously if this has been going on for months now then clearly theres a problem.

·
Formally Coca
1,576 Posts
There is no place for members like that here.

This isn't just a ST website, this is an ST enthusiasts club where people are supposed to help each other.

Obviously Dolby deserves a chance to defend himself but if there is no explanation forthcoming, ban him

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
There is no place for members like that here.

This isn't just a ST website, this is an ST enthusiasts club where people are supposed to help each other.

Obviously Dolby deserves a chance to defend himself but if there is no explanation forthcoming, ban him
Totally agree mate.
I like to think if i buy from a member on here i can 100 % trust them.
Lets see if he has a explanation before passing judgement

·
Registered
346 Posts
Tis a shame if correct. I put a lot of faith in people who are regulars with a few posts. Just goes to show you can trust nobody.

·
Registered
14,674 Posts
This is an Ebay issue, we are only here to resolve issues on this site. We cannot get involved in purchases made elsewhere, there are Ebay procedures which you have followed and had the issue resolved.

We have on many occasions advised on how to purchase items on this site and will continue to deal with any problems that arise, including banning any members that act in a dishonest manner.

·
Registered
964 Posts
This is an Ebay issue, we are only here to resolve issues on this site. We cannot get involved in purchases made elsewhere, there are Ebay procedures which you have followed and had the issue resolved.

We have on many occasions advised on how to purchase items on this site and will continue to deal with any problems that arise, including banning any members that act in a dishonest manner.
I was about to say the exact same.

Don't send out a lynching party until the issue arrises on here, if people follow the rules and DO NOT pay via paypal gift, if he is not genuine the money will be returned and he will then be chased and dealt with appropriately. No one has lost money and the scammer is caught.

If you chose to pay via PayPal gift, meh, no sympathy from me. Also I don't see how, without definitive inconclusive evidence you can pin it on someone just like that, is there any proof to back up it was this guy?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I was about to say the exact same.

Don't send out a lynching party until the issue arrises on here, if people follow the rules and DO NOT pay via paypal gift, if he is not genuine the money will be returned and he will then be chased and dealt with appropriately. No one has lost money and the scammer is caught.

If you chose to pay via PayPal gift, meh, no sympathy from me. Also I don't see how, without definitive inconclusive evidence you can pin it on someone just like that, is there any proof to back up it was this guy?
I also don't want this thread to turn nasty, I was merely trying to warn other members.

As for how I worked out it was him, from looking at his previous posts, he is from the same town as what is registered on ebay, he has the same first name, he has very similar user names, he mentioned in his ebay ad he has dash clocks for sale, they are also for sale on here. Pretty conclusive proof IMO.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I also don't want this thread to turn nasty, I was merely trying to warn other members.

As for how I worked out it was him, from looking at his previous posts, he is from the same town as what is registered on ebay, he has the same first name, he has very similar user names, he mentioned in his ebay ad he has dash clocks for sale, they are also for sale on here. Pretty conclusive proof IMO.
It wasn't a bash at you or anything like that, just think people need to be careful about naming and shaming from cross referencing as, unlikely as it could be, it may just be a coincidence.

Do you have a link to his eBay account so people can see who to avoid? If you are still looking for some injectors I believe PumaBuild have a set of second hand ones

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Perhaps to help safe guard us all, no group buy should be accepted on the site if the seller requests payment by papal gift only. I'm sure members would be prepared to cover the extra fee to safeguard the purchase.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts