Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Anyone help re removing the sat nav headunit ( Blaunpunt ) on my 58 ST3.
I want to fit a Parrot Bluetooth so will need to get to the ISO lead on the back, hence removal!
Don't trust auto electricians / main dealer as they tend to damage the dash then say it wasn't them! ( happened to me before ....twice, don't want a third ! )

Anyone any ideas or advice pretty please ?
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Take the surround off by using a flat head screwdriver wrapped in insulation tape (stops scratches), i find it comes off easier if i start in top left and work around clockwise. then its just 4 screws to remove the unit. 2 minute job.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blimey, that easy eh!

Will give it a go at the weekend ..... You haven't fitted a Parrot by any chance ( give me an idea of what's required once the unit is out ! )

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave
Just looking at your profile pics, it shows an old dashboard!
Might be you now have a face lift so sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

So, just to confirm, is this way you have described for the facelift sat nav touch sceen DVD removal ( pics of this headunit can be seen in the "pinned" how to upgrade your satnav DVD unit! )

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I do have a facelift. All the surrounds are the same they just have a different hole to accomodate the different stereo faces, you can chop and change the stereos and the faceplates. They all come off the same, just be very careful when you do it as the clips are quite fragile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts