Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Im looking at sabre 400 map for my focus mk2 st. But im also looking at the sabre flash cable for 2 maps. Im just wondering if anyone gone down that route. My plan is to have a eco and performance map. After speaking to Leighton and looking on fb they do a high and low boost. On the graphs there seems very little difference maybe 30bhp. Just wondering if anyone had it and do they recommend the flash cable or save the money and go with 1 map.
Ideally i wanted something thats perhaps not possible like a really low down map and then an animal map.

Thank you

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,477 Posts
On the track Fiesta which is also used on the road it has 3 maps low boost, medium boost & high boost. Figures on a dyno mean nothing if it isnt fast on the road.

TRS Performance custom mapped it on the road and the low boost on the road in the twisties is insanely fast which a few RS’s found out on the IoW a few weeks back. Low boost is probably as quick as high boost until you get up the rev range then it becomes a different ball game.

It has brake boost mapped in so out of corners there is no turbo lag and it just goes.

If you want an animal map remember to spend a huge load of money on other mods to properly use that power.

Take a look at TRS I guarantee you won’t be disappointed (y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply i may of miss explained. I wanted something like a eco map for long journeys and holidays really. Bit like the dreamscience i use to tune it to stage 1.
Looking at the low and high boost i dont think its exactly what i am after as really its just the same as you say just slightly different in the rev range.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Surely then the best - and likely cheapest - option is to get the 'animal' map for the power & then map for 'eco' using your right foot? If you don't mash the pedal an 'animal' map should respond perfectly well at low revs unless it really in an extreme power map which I would say would not be suitable for road driving anyway?
As Jason says though you also need to be considering a lot of other 'supporting' mods to enable that sort of power to be used properly - and safely. It's all to easy to spend a fortune getting a car to 500bhp say with stock brakes, suspension (which on a mk2 now will be getting VERY old) and then wondering why your very expensively 'fast' car now doesn't accelerate, corner, grip, or stop & you end up being overtaken by Miss Daisy out for a Sunday drive in her Corsa!
Case in point being I knew someone with a mk2 at around 800+bhp. Great for bhp bragging rights but the car was totally undriveable!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surely then the best - and likely cheapest - option is to get the 'animal' map for the power & then map for 'eco' using your right foot? If you don't mash the pedal an 'animal' map should respond perfectly well at low revs unless it really in an extreme power map which I would say would not be suitable for road driving anyway?
As Jason says though you also need to be considering a lot of other 'supporting' mods to enable that sort of power to be used properly - and safely. It's all to easy to spend a fortune getting a car to 500bhp say with stock brakes, suspension (which on a mk2 now will be getting VERY old) and then wondering why your very expensively 'fast' car now doesn't accelerate, corner, grip, or stop & you end up being overtaken by Miss Daisy out for a Sunday drive in her Corsa!
Case in point being I knew someone with a mk2 at around 800+bhp. Great for bhp bragging rights but the car was totally undriveable!!!
That's what i was thinking as i dont think its possible to have what i wanted to what they said now. As you say its down to how you drive it but i was thinking if you got 750 cc injectors with high flow pump is that going just burn fuel for the sake if im driving normal. Thats what i was thinking something just to calm it down a little. Mods it well suited for the power fully forged, rs turbo, mk3 rs brake setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts