Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot describe how happy I am to see that Saab have been rescued by Spyker (without Russian Mafia money)

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
hopefully they will do a modern version of the old 99 turbo or 900 turbo what cracking fun they were.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
They'll be lumbered with their current line-up of products for a good few years yet but hope it works out for them

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 5 Feb 2010, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They'll be lumbered with their current line-up of products for a good few years yet but hope it works out for them

I wouldn't use the word lumbered. The new 95 is epic for what it is and the 93 line up is definitely greater than the sum of its parts!

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Si @ 5 Feb 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldn't use the word lumbered. The new 95 is epic for what it is and the 93 line up is definitely greater than the sum of its parts!
Maybe so Si but from an outsiders view looking in, their current line-up hasn't helped them much or GM wouldn't have been rushing to sell them off in the first place?

Maybe GM have starved Saab of investment but at the same time it'll take a whole mindset change for Spyker to keep costs under control like GM will have, it's absolutely ruthless how big car companies do that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Im not so sure. The 95 was not at all fun to drive and the interior was quite dated. Those spectacled eyes did nothing to help either. The 93 very much felt like a barge to drive. But I guess there are worse cars out there, so I shouldnt complain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts