Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people,

I've been cleaning my ST today and decided to give the rear exhaust back box and quick shine up.

Whilst i was underneath the car i noticed a few minor surface rust patches starting to form on the rear subframe and it got me thinking about protecting it.

Is there anything i can apply to the metal work underneath which will protect it from the elements?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Por15 is the best but you may as well do it all rather than just the rusty bits.

Our lasses had rust on the rear subframe when it was delivered

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi people,

I've been cleaning my ST today and decided to give the rear exhaust back box and quick shine up.

Whilst i was underneath the car i noticed a few minor surface rust patches starting to form on the rear subframe and it got me thinking about protecting it.

Is there anything i can apply to the metal work underneath which will protect it from the elements?

Thanks
I'll have to have a look at mine now! Surely this is something the dealer should be fixing>???

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I'll have to have a look at mine now! Surely this is something the dealer should be fixing>???
Are you having a laugh, why would they accept that under warrenty? It is not a body panel, the rush does not cause any issues, and in their eyes you should not be looking under there/be bothered.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks people

Theres only a couple of places where its going rusty but they are very minor and i just want to stop it getting worse.

My old MK2 1.6 Zetec focus was the same and it always bugged me.

Thanks for the advice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts