Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Found this yesterday, not good!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Grille

This has been caused by the bumper rubbing on the rear wing and the rust patches are on both sides. Car is going in mid January to be rectified and the bumper adjusted to prevent it from happening again. Might be best you guys check yours to see if the same thing is happening too.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Mine did that too, only on one side though. Had it repaired and sprayed a couple of months back and they adjusted the bumper at the same time. As Marc said, the washer pipe can rub through the paint too, I noticed this and fixed the problem with black duct tape

·
Registered
265 Posts
Got both of these on a 58 facelift bumper appears to be loose on offending side think a clip/bracket is missing

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's quite common Greg.
Lots of previous threads on this.
I did a search and only 1 post came up. Maybe I need to search several words. Oh well, if it saves someone's car rusting then it was worth posting.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
It always seems to bel the o/s on the st's how long until frauds accept it is a latent defect ( we can live in hope )

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
A friend had theirs done at Evans Halshaw, both sides including removing bumper....inner arches etc. Proper tidy job for £435 inc vat

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for that info.
I was lucky as the place i bought my car from does body work so they took care of it for me at a good price. If I had to put it into the local main dealer then the price will be about thee same as quoted above.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just seen this on my car too. Now I know what the problem is and how much it should cost to fix i will get it done.

Another thing on the things to do list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts