Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Running Rough When Cold

4K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Legend 
#1 ·
Anyone else noticed their Mk4 running rough with the cold weather. Noticed it for a while in mine but just left it. Didnt think modern cars were supposed to do this. Happens on startup every morning. Engine wont hold idle and when you get underway with very little throttle, theres some inconsistent power delivery and it feels like it wants to stall.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sounds like a trip to a dealer is required. Any decent ford dealers in and around Preston that anyone on here uses by any chance. I used Evans Halshaw a few times... I was sick of turning up and something being wrong, parts not turned up or booking not found. Surely you get a courtesy car with these things if they need to spend some time inspecting and repairing the vehicle?

Doesn't sound normal.
Have you ruled out fuel as an issue?
Its fuelled with V Power!

#14 ·
As expected, got the spiel that the diagnostics didnt pick any faults up. They did observe a small splutter from the exhaust at warm up and some small fluctuation in idle speed but diagnostics didnt pick anything up. Frustrating as why would I bother taking it there and leaving it with them if i thought it was ok.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.