Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(denboy @ 7 Nov 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>as title really,where,s the best place to get them from.

You should just be able to get them from your local Ford dealer for the list price! I would imagine they would have to order them though so worth a phone call first! Let me know if you do get them locally as i would be interested in a set!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
when i got mine they had to order them in so fishy is right but you have to go down there pay for em then they will get them in for you ,mine came in next day .
got two sets at ford employees discount came to £44:00 i think .
mine seem to suite the car much better than the nologys i had before as all the nologys done was give me a missfire no matter what gap i set them at ,so in my opinion its worth while fitting these RS ones guys

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 7 Nov 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>when i got mine they had to order them in so fishy is right but you have to go down there pay for em then they will get them in for you ,mine came in next day .
got two sets at ford employees discount came to £44:00 i think .
mine seem to suite the car much better than the nologys i had before as all the nologys done was give me a missfire no matter what gap i set them at ,so in my opinion its worth while fitting these RS ones guys

Group buy at those prices

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(boost junkie @ 7 Nov 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is there any noticeable difference's with the rs plugs fitted?

Not unless you are suffering from any misfires to start with! This isnt a performance upgrade just a part that should last longer!

My local dealer just quoted me £12.97 +VAT each for them!

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 7 Nov 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>fords MIGHT wonder why im after 50 sets of RS plugs chris

Mmmmm Our Ford Parts Dept are still wondering why we ordered 2 sets of RS Plugs and drove away in an ST

QUOTE(boost junkie @ 7 Nov 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is there any noticeable difference's with the rs plugs fitted?

O yes ... if you are running a re-map, mine is nearly 4 year old so was due a plug change anyay, but I have noticed a remarkable difference, no mis fire or stutter !!!... I have been told by a few "experts" the RS plugs are more suited if you running the ST re-mapped.

O and i fitted them myself so saved a few £'s too .... great satisfaction there too !!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Mine's due its 3rd service in July next year. Can I ask Ford for RS plugs to be fitted instead of ST ones?

Chris

·
Registered
688 Posts
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 7 Nov 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not unless you are suffering from any misfires to start with! This isnt a performance upgrade just a part that should last longer!

My local dealer just quoted me £12.97 +VAT each for them!

getting 5 delivered from pumabuild,total cost £47.16

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 7 Nov 2009, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Woo, great price! keep it at that price till end of month buddy, pay day!

Why do people choose the RS plugs over like NGK or Denso?
Myself I don't rate Denso plugs at all, much poorer quality than NGK. And there seems to be no direct NGK equivalent for the ST plugs, they don't list one and there seems to be all sorts of different fitments for the various Volvo T5 engine applications
Nearest is possibly the fitment for the S60R but most of the time people don't have problems with the ST/RS plugs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts