Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing my oil cooler in a week or so but was I interested in knowing from the people that have changed there's.

Who changed the O rings?

Who used the old ones?

Is it vital to change them?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I re-used mine but I had a small leak at first, so with hindsight I would have changed them if they'd been to hand. They were ok at 50k miles and are still ok 20k later after the cooler was tightened up.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would rather get them to be honest. Just really seeing who changed them as most places that sell the cooler don't sell the O rings. Ford obviously do. Volspec. EBay.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No not planned too just working my way through. I'm uprating the cooler and rad this time. It's about prep really for if I wanted too at a later stage. I might look into it at some point

Why do u ask?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I changed my O rings just for piece of mind as car is 10 years old! Yours is nearly 9 years old by the sounds of it? It's age more than mileage that will effect the rubber! I work with O rings all the time in my job and I'm constantly throwing brand new items away as have gone brittle just sitting in the parts store!! They may look ok at first, but closer inspection will reveal small cracks!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I changed my O rings just for piece of mind as car is 10 years old! Yours is nearly 9 years old by the sounds of it? It's age more than mileage that will effect the rubber! I work with O rings all the time in my job and I'm constantly throwing brand new items away as have gone brittle just sitting in the parts store!! They may look ok at first, but closer inspection will reveal small cracks!
Where did u get them from in the end?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Call them mate, Tel: 01621 869756. Ask to speak to Paul Jenkins! He will know exactly what your taking about!
Spoke to him yesterday and doing the oil cooler, O rings and delivery for 150 all in. Well happy. Funny he said they never sell any oil coolers for marine purposes only focus owners lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.