Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 9 Dec 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1580956 - Cover
1580963 - Bracket (rear half of ECU cover)

3 screws are same as those holding your ECU to the airbox.

Troy,

Can you confirm these codes are right?

From trawling the rest of the site, I found the following from TonyST regarding the RS ECU cover - note one of the numbers is completely different, and the other has two of the numbers transposed.....:-

QUOTEFinis codes are as Follows

Cover 1673700
Cover 1580596
Screws 1097036 x 3

Not got the prices on me at the moment will edit later.

Tony

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Hmmmmmmm

I got the numbers off the labels on the bags my parts came in. It's quite possible I got some of the numbers mixed up, the other number could well have been superceded by Ford for some reason.

I'll have a look when I get home this evening - I actually just ordered mine from the dealer by giving him an RS reg then we called up the parts on the screen and I picked out what I wanted.

Will update later on Dave

·
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 26 Jan 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hmmmmmmm

I got the numbers off the labels on the bags my parts came in. It's quite possible I got some of the numbers mixed up, the other number could well have been superceded by Ford for some reason.

I'll have a look when I get home this evening - I actually just ordered mine from the dealer by giving him an RS reg then we called up the parts on the screen and I picked out what I wanted.

Will update later on Dave

Your numbers were "later" than the ones supplied by Tony.

i.e. his post was a good couple of months earlier than yours. So, if numbers HAVE been superceded, I suspect your ones are correct.

·
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 26 Jan 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dave I suspect the 1673700 number is a later one, will see what's what with my numbers when I get home unless I've binned one of the bags now

You're right.

I just spoke to Tarnock Garage, and they have cleared it up for me.

1580963 = Until May 27th 2009
1673700 = May 27th 2009 onwards

Apparently this is listed as two seperate parts - i.e. one is not the equivalent of the other, there IS a small change between them.

1580956 remains unchanged, and fits to either of the parts above.

Looks like Tony got two numbers mixed up!!

Thanks for the help Troy!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
aparantly ford have updated the front of the cover for some reason ,as when i got mine last week there was some confusion over why it had "two" front covers listed for the same rear.
anyway got mine as didnt like the way the ECU mounted after fitting dreamscience cais and this lot tidys the whole lot up nicely .

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
to be honest i cant tell the differance between the two ,dosent matter as both do same job .
thanks for clearing that up tho ,even fords wer confused !!
mind you mate as youl no dosent take too much at times to confuse fords

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.