Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she starting to slip bad even with stage 2 low tourqe on, so wana ask i live in swansea areas southwales where will be the best place to go and have it done supplied and fitted and also maybe a decat and downpipe if im feeling generouse too
sorry about the spelling

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
she starting to slip bad even with stage 2 low tourqe on, so wana ask i live in swansea areas southwales where will be the best place to go and have it done supplied and fitted and also maybe a decat and downpipe if im feeling generouse too
sorry about the spelling
We had a rolling road day at IndigoGT http://shop.indigo-gt.co.uk/ a few months back, they seemed a really knowledgeable bunch and when asked about parts fitting ie pumabuild doing the RS clutch for £750 they reckoned they could do it for that....might be worth a call.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
ok cheers geoff will def give them a bell
Just tell them the guys from the Focus ST RR day pointed you in there direction, it seems they've had a few enquires from ST and RS owners about remaps and part fitting...prob because theres not many tuners about in S.Wales.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I wouldn't go PB Tbh, I went Saturday.
why not?

I drove 2 hours so they could fit my clutch and full exhaust last year and I got a great deal and they even stayed until 9pm on a saturday after having problems fitting the exhaust, so I, like many others would highly recommend them

·
Registered
964 Posts
why not?

I drove 2 hours so they could fit my clutch and full exhaust last year and I got a great deal and they even stayed until 9pm on a saturday after having problems fitting the exhaust, so I, like many others would highly recommend them
I, like many others, would not. I prefer for my car to not be damaged while its being worked on.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I, like many others, would not. I prefer for my car to not be damaged while its being worked on.
fair enough if thats the case, but from when I was there and from what others have said if my car was damaged whilst there im sure Alan / Phil would off wanted to sort it before I left

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just tried Indigo and they couldn't get near pumabuilds price, could it be because Ford have upped the prices? Parts from ford with discount now cost £670 alone

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I think this is going to be the next mod as after that the power seems to be unlimited when a RS clutch is fitted.

Do you have to have the Full Kit or will this just be ok? as 194 is something affordable

http://www.dreamscie...t225-clutch.php
no that's the same clutch you are taking out. Would probably last a while but would start slipping again at some point.
you want the RS clutch, you can just change the clutch disc, pressure plate and release bearing but leave the ST flywheel in to save money.
some have done that and it's been fine but IMO it's not worth it because down the line if the flywheel ever fails it's the box out again and costly labour costs

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
fair enough if thats the case, but from when I was there and from what others have said if my car was damaged whilst there im sure Alan / Phil would off wanted to sort it before I left
Having had a mishap at Pumabuild I can say it was one of the main reasons I have continued to use them. Rachels windscreen had a small crack in it after a stuborn clip and a little excesisve pressure....... Alan rolled over to sort it out for me. Offered to drive 60 miles to pick it up, in the end I had it fitted locally and they paid for it and a nice little discount on my next visit.

Accidents will happen and it is how they are resolved that matters to me, I can't speak for everyone but I have always received excellent service and aftersales from Pumabuild

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
no that's the same clutch you are taking out. Would probably last a while but would start slipping again at some point.
you want the RS clutch, you can just change the clutch disc, pressure plate and release bearing but leave the ST flywheel in to save money.
some have done that and it's been fine but IMO it's not worth it because down the line if the flywheel ever fails it's the box out again and costly labour costs
It says RS

[background=rgb(51, 51, 51)]The clutch kit contains a genuine ford RS Mk2 friction plate and a genuine ford RS mk2 Pressure plate. These are the key components when upgrading the standard Focus ST clutch as it has a superior clutch pressure plate as it is much stronger than the standard FST clutch thus putting an end to any clutch slip when your ST225 is fully modded.[/background]

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It says RS

[background=rgb(51, 51, 51)]The clutch kit contains a genuine ford RS Mk2 friction plate and a genuine ford RS mk2 Pressure plate. These are the key components when upgrading the standard Focus ST clutch as it has a superior clutch pressure plate as it is much stronger than the standard FST clutch thus putting an end to any clutch slip when your ST225 is fully modded.[/background]
Fair enough dude didn't see that it's the RS plate and disc. You still need the release bearing on top of that at 90 quid.
Would still go for the full kit if it was me tho

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
I think this is going to be the next mod as after that the power seems to be unlimited when a RS clutch is fitted.

Do you have to have the Full Kit or will this just be ok? as 194 is something affordable

http://www.dreamscie...t225-clutch.php
I think the RS clutch is good for 400bhp but i'd be thinking block mod before trying to get close to those figures.

You dont have to have the full kit, that will do fine(although the release bearing will also have to be replaced) but whilst the box is out, most people see it worthwhile replacing the fly due to the amount of labour involved if you had to replace it at a later date.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts