Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking at some of the posts on here it seems as if the RS clutch is heavier than the ST one. Thinking if i was to replace it would the Mrs be moaning every time she drove it because she loves how light the ST is atm.

It would be the clutch of choice but are there any others that anybody could recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Hi, looking at some of the posts on here it seems as if the RS clutch is heavier than the ST one. Thinking if i was to replace it would the Mrs be moaning every time she drove it because she loves how light the ST is atm.

It would be the clutch of choice but are there any others that anybody could recommend?

Thanks
I drove a Rs and thought the clutch was slightly heavier but nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Had mine fitted a few days ago, and as above, you notice it for a day or two, but thats it.
Feels like normal now!

Its heavier, but not HUGELY heavier.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Same here had mine done few months back takes a day or 2 to get used to but fine once u do. Bit of a shock first time to use it tho

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I drove a Rs and thought the clutch was slightly heavier but nothing to worry about.
I am glad someone else thought the same because i was starting to think that ST drivers must just be a bunch of fannies going on about how heavy the RS clutch is

For what it's worth mine doesnt feel much different than the one that was in it originally, and when i read that the RS clutch was a lot stiffer i had wondered why mine only felt like it had a few more springs in it

Reminds me of a mate who bought a TVR but got rid of it because he thought the clutch was too hard for him, errr go to the gym!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
The bite point is lower and less progressive than the ST Clutch.

The Mrs is getting used to it now after almost a year - she only drives it when I've had a few thou

·
Registered
606 Posts
I bought mine with an RS clutch, the wife drives it regular with no complaints.

It is definitely heavier than the standard ST clutch though I've since tried standard ST clutch and felt it was noticeably lighter than mine!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
All I noticed was the sharper bite point but not sure it was any heavier - Agree with what Mick says - I was worried when I read other comments as I have had cars with heavy clutches but had nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
My other half finds it fine, she's only 5ft 1 as well, if it's fine for her I think it'll be fine for all. Can tell a little difference at first but after a day or two you won't notice it.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I am glad someone else thought the same because i was starting to think that ST drivers must just be a bunch of fannies going on about how heavy the RS clutch is

For what it's worth mine doesnt feel much different than the one that was in it originally, and when i read that the RS clutch was a lot stiffer i had wondered why mine only felt like it had a few more springs in it

Reminds me of a mate who bought a TVR but got rid of it because he thought the clutch was too hard for him, errr go to the gym!!!
The RS clutch will feel lighter in an RS as it was designed for it so the leverage/pivot points are different to allow for the heavier clutch, in an ST it will feel quite a bit heavier.....

I find the clutch in my wife's RS really light compared the RS clutch in my ST. I prefer the heavier feel you get in the ST, suits my size 11's better

Either way you get used to whatever you have fairly quickly

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I was used to driving landrovers and trucks so a car clutch feels like there is nothing there most of the time to me, and given that i dont suffer from a syndrome where my legs look like they were more used to hanging out of a nest a simply thing like pressing a clutch pedal down isn't really met with any sort of stiffness.

If an RS clutch in an ST feels heavy then i must have had one in before this went as it doesnt feel any different to me, in fact if anything the one in my wifes Fiesta feels stiffer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts