Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title. I have finally got around to deciding on getting the RS clutch fitted, Probably later march but i have no idea if i need the slave and bearing. Actually i have no idea what they in the first place

·
Registered
699 Posts
QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 10 Feb 2010, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As title. I have finally got around to deciding on getting the RS clutch fitted, Probably later march but i have no idea if i need the slave and bearing. Actually i have no idea what they in the first place

yes get the slave cylinder the rs one as well this is the part that releses the clutch when you press the clutch pedal

·
Registered
293 Posts
always best to change it as they can leak else it is the bareing that when you pres the pedal it pushes the clutch diaphragm springs in you need

Clutch Kit
Dual Masss Flywheel
Slave cylinder/baring

just had mine done by profile its great

·
Registered
150 Posts
its one of those things that if you dont change it when you put it back together it will leak and then its all got to come out again. if they come in on a gearbox we take them off and give them back to the customer in a plastic bag, because if it leaks after we touched it its our fault! ask me how i know this.......

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 11 Feb 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its one of those things that if you dont change it when you put it back together it will leak and then its all got to come out again. if they come in on a gearbox we take them off and give them back to the customer in a plastic bag, because if it leaks after we touched it its our fault! ask me how i know this.......

How do you know this
...I will get the lot done then.I was also going to get the Diff but i do not go on the track with the car or driving quick enough on the road to warrant one. I am going to get it booked in at PB as soon as.

Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
293 Posts
QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 11 Feb 2010, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How do you know this
...I will get the lot done then.I was also going to get the Diff but i do not go on the track with the car or driving quick enough on the road to warrant one. I am going to get it booked in at PB as soon as.

Thanks for the help guys

i had the diff also..... dont do track but it transformed the car no more understeer off roundabouts all just GOooo...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts