Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just dropped the car off at D&R Performance for a RS clutch and cycled back home and realised cycling ain't for me any longer I am
, rollon when the ST is back

·
Registered
394 Posts
Had mine fitted not too long ago, its sooooo much better having all that grippy clutch to play with haha

I didnt notice much difference in the clutch 'weight' to be honest... its just a lot more snappy!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hope to have mine fitted sooner rather than later, clutch is now starting to slip in 3rd when accelerating. What is the average price for fitting?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Hope to have mine fitted sooner rather than later, clutch is now starting to slip in 3rd when accelerating. What is the average price for fitting?
750-1000 mate. More (obviously) if you want the diff fitting at the same time, but you would save hundreds in labour costs if you intend on getting the diff at some point.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry I should have been clearer, I have got the clutch and flywheel off mr sheen who advertised it here, just curious how much the labour for fitting would be.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Sorry I should have been clearer, I have got the clutch and flywheel off mr sheen who advertised it here, just curious how much the labour for fitting would be.
between 2 and 300 quid

maybe cheaper from an independent garage

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just wonder if the Mrs will notice once its done?!

Started off the week planning to buy some Eibachs, so I'm a bit dissapointed I will have spent £700 and the car still looks like its on stilts!

Started off the week planning to buy some Eibachs, so I'm a bit dissapointed I will have spent £700 and the car still looks like its on stilts!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Just tell her run up and down the stairs a few times every day. Soon her legs would be the size of Arnie's and she would be begging you to get a helix paddle and smf

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

just tell her it's old so it's gone stiff

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
just got the car and all I can say is a big improvement and so much better and don't have to work round it slipping.
does feel a lot different but so far I ain't stalled it

big thanks to Dave at D&R Performance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts