Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

so over the last month or so I have noticed that the engine is sounding kind of rough, not really sure how else to describe it, it's a stock ST-2.

Car works perfect, just does not sound its smooth self. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas for felt like that about their car ?!?!

Checked the oil and it looks a bit dark, when I got it the oil was kind of see though, thinking that may have something to do with it but not totally sure.

Cheers for your time, Rich

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
How many miles has the car covered, it might be worth while giving the car an oil and filter change as well as changing the spark plugs.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
The oil will go dark with use, it slowly gets discoloured due to the very small amount which remains on the cylinder liner as the engine fires.

Still worth giving it a decent check-over, plugs air filter etc if it's not running sweet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(menzies26 @ 25 Jan 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How many miles has the car covered, it might be worth while giving the car an oil and filter change as well as changing the spark plugs.

it's just hit 49950 miles and is 3 1\2 years old 06 plate.

might have a go at doing that my self to save paying the garage to do it

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(sentinal8473 @ 25 Jan 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it's just hit 49950 miles and is 3 1\2 years old 06 plate.

might have a go at doing that my self to save paying the garage to do it

Turbo charged engines need regular oil changes, has it been serviced to schedule ie every 12,500 miles or twelve months?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 25 Jan 2010, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Turbo charged engines need regular oil changes, has it been serviced to schedule ie every 12,500 miles or twelve months?

I have had it for a yeah and 1\2 and I have not had it serviced as of yet, so looks like it's time for one then.

Also, when the car is started when its cold a screach sound comes from the engine bay, now I think this is the fan belt, when the car is warm sound does not happen ?!? do you think that is correct ?

Cheers again for you help guys\gals

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Dirty oil wont make the engine run any differently! I would change the oil and filter anyway but also change the air filter as this is far more likely to cause the symptoms you have described! Not sure on the screaching noise though so might be best to have it serviced by a professional!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts