Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Focus ST Owners

I have joined the forum to get some feedback on wheels!

As the world's largest Rota dealer, we have the ability to have wheels made to our size, design and fitment criteria.

Currently we do a wide range of wheels in 4x100, 4x114, 5x100, 5x114 and 5x120 stud patterns, but only 2 or 3 in 4x108 and no 5x108.

We would like to change this!

Can some of you nice helpful types let me know which of our current range you would like to see in Ford fitment for your cars?

Also, which other styles of wheels you would like to see available for the Focus ST?

To give you an idea, there was a demand for these:

They're going to be 18x12 5x114 ET0, and are for Skylines and 200SXs and 350Zs...

We can work the same magic with wheels for you chaps, I just need some feedback on what you'd like, so I can get the ball rolling.

When making a suggestion, I ask that you remember for each wheel we get, in order to carry stock, and we do carry stock, with over 10,000 wheels in stock in Devon, it needs to be viable in terms of numbers. If it's an existing design you'd like in Ford fitment, that's great, we can work with that... but a new wheel would need to be ordered in a variety of sizes, colours and probably fitments, so we'd only be looking at possibly 1 or 2 new designs if possible!

Currently we do these in Ford fitment, but only 4x108:

At this stage I am just doing research, and will be doing the ordering probably in December for Feb/March delivery. If we can get some good feedback I will arrange a group buy on the ones we decide on, as a thank you for your help

Please see here for our website www.rarerims.co.uk for our range, I would suggest the drift range would be best on Focus STs, as they're the larger wheels, if you'd like to see those in 5x108 do let me know!

All the best

Ben

·
Registered
730 Posts
QUOTE(robbie1988 @ 9 Jan 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be interested in these in 18x8" fitment

Used to run the GRA 17" alloys on my mk1 focus - exceptionally light and well made

Rob

I to would like these to fit the st, I had a set on my Clio 182 and loved them!

Plese pm me if you can get these,

Paul

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I always like the OZ 5 spoke rims they used to run on the tarmac sages of the WRC about 8 years ago on the Peugeot 206

You are now very popular on the S1 Elise (the only choice
) but you could do with a another design where to spoke goes to the rim insted of the extra step.

What RRP would you be looking for for the ST offset rims in 19"

One final point the multi bolt holes are a no no

Good luck

Cheers

Den

·
Registered
46 Posts
That deep-dish skyline rim looks totally lovely and a bit different but I am a bit skint at the mo having just bought an '06 ST3!! I will be looking at that colour or a bit lighter for an 18" standard fit later though so I can keep the Goodyear F1's I just forked out for unless they wear our really quick...

Hope my feedback vote helps you a bit anyway and all goes well for you guys

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
QUOTE(audiman @ 14 Jan 2010, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will be looking at that colour or a bit lighter for an 18" standard fit later though so I can keep the Goodyear F1's I just forked out for unless they wear our really quick...

yeah i wouldnt count on them lasting more than 5k when you first get the car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, thanks for the replies chaps!

I was starting to wonder if anybody could see my area on here

The grids will clear big brakes... take a look at these:

They're both 18" Rotas that are clearing my 360mm Discs and 8-piston Brembo calipers. Our wheels are really very good when it comes to brake clearance as the Mini people are starting to find out with their big brake kits fitting under our 17s

There's every chance of the Grid being done in 18" to fit Focus RS, and it'll clear brakes... so would there be much call to do a 19" one too?

We do a 19" wheel in the GTR design:

There's every chance we could get those in a Ford stud pattern too

With regards a wheel that has spokes out to the edge, how about this sort of thing:

Thanks for the feedback chaps, keep it coming!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like those with the red lip, very
would like them in a bit darker colour anthracite or black, but thats just me

I think there are a very good choice of wheels you've got there, get any of them in production andim sure they will sell in great numbers.

Rick

1 - 20 of 47 Posts