Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, really want to get my ST rolling roaded and thought i might see if there is anyone on here who also wants to get on the rollers, if so we could make it a meet? I was thinking end of February time?
Jen

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I'd be up for it...

Do you know any decent RR around the area, we've done them before up in Taunton. Problem is finding a location that will attract enough people to make it worth while.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is one in Portsmouth that is supposed to be good, also one in Christchurch, there both dyno dynamic rollers

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Christchurch would suit me, but the car wouldn;t be warm by time I got there!

One of the guys is suggesting portsmouth on central south

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah it is a 70 mile trip for me though and even more for people cornwall/somerset/devon way

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shall we see what interest we get before deciding on a place? my bf will also take a space i'm sure in his skoda haha

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not sure, its really difficult to make to central for all, if we do it exeter way then its a massive trip 150 mile trip for me and spike tbh the most central and fair for all would be Taunton? not sure what this place is like though?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After some searching it doesn't look like the rolling road place is still about in Taunton, i'm only happy to go on a dyno dynamics rollers as well there the most accurate you can get, looks like it will be the place in Christchurch then. I will ring them sometime this week and get some info and prices

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know a place at castle coombe, good rollers friendly chap, my mates friends with the dyno operator so could come to a good deal??

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I'd consider putting mine on the rollers, not sure how much it costs though, as long as its a decent deal. I'd prefer doing it mid-late March though so I have some fresh oil and an RS cooler fitted, doesn't make much odds though as I do bi-annual oil/filter changes anyway!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Rolling Road in near Taunton is called TSR,

Its located on the Bridgwater to Taunton Road

Here is there website

http://www.cylex-uk....panyId=13386451

Its very easy to get to as well not far from Juntion 24 on the M5

Ash
I've been to tsr and all of us really got bad readings as supposedly the rr needing calibrating, wasn't to keen on booking up with them again

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've been to tsr and all of us really got bad readings as supposedly the rr needing calibrating, wasn't to keen on booking up with them again
Oh ok fair enough, i have never been there for a rolling road to be honest, i've just driven past it a few times and saw they did Rolling Roads.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
We used TSR a year or so back, they took a while to sort the ST and traction control/ABS out, as more used to another make of car.

readings seemed ok tho

1 - 20 of 32 Posts