Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, as per title I need to get proof of my bhp for my modified ST for the insurance company as I've never had it put on a rolling road before. They've given me 14 days to do it, i live in Leicester anyone know where I can get it done at short notice. Don't mind travelling as I'm off work all week anyway. Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks, David

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I agree with Alb it does seem a bit OTT.

And an extra £50 to put your car on the rollers makes your insurance a bit more expensive too

If the policy is at the renewal stage I would be tempted to shop around and see if another reputable insurer will match your present quotation

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Thats a strange request from a insurance company, you could put every mod under the sun on the ST including a big turbo with 350bhp+ and still run less than 300bhp on a rr if you wanted it too.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for the replys, it was Greenlight. I listed the mods I've got and gave them an estimate of the BHP and the guy on the phone said they would need proof. Shall I just go with another company like Chris Knott and save the £50 quid for a RR?

David

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I have been with Greenlight for nearly 3yrs and have only ever had to give an estimate of the power increase for the mods I have on the car but greenlight are brokers and the different isurance companies they use must have different Criterias

Still rr are not proof of what you actually have.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(vicarofsheff @ 24 Nov 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just compare your mods with some one else with similar mods and use there BHP.

I think it is a bit OTT for a rolling road to get the BHP.

thats what i thought, i have given them a realistic figure for what I've had done. Think I might give Chris Knott a ring.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Give Gary Moulson a ring at www.keithmichaels.co.uk, he will sort you out without all that nonsense.

They use the same insurers as Greenlight (Highway), but I've never had to jump through any hoops like that over the past 3 years and they have always been cheaper (although I am older).

·
Vendor
523 Posts
QUOTE(Paulted @ 24 Nov 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats a strange request from a insurance company, you could put every mod under the sun on the ST including a big turbo with 350bhp+ and still run less than 300bhp on a rr if you wanted it too.

Yes agreed.

A bit of an odd request in my opinion, I'd give them a ring.. Are THEY paying for the rolling road session?!

Ollie
Sky Insurance

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I would ring greenliht find out what they are playing at, you have dsclosd everything so what is their point, don't they beleive you.

Remember, if they are being liek this when taking out the policy what would they be like if you hve to claim????

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
QUOTE(Paulted @ 24 Nov 2009, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats a strange request from a insurance company, you could put every mod under the sun on the ST including a big turbo with 350bhp+ and still run less than 300bhp on a rr if you wanted it too.

i think people have paul

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.