Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of faffing about with various different garages, quite a bit of bull
and money, i decided to bite the bullet and take the the 500 mile round trip to collins and all i can is, im so glad i did. All the staff there are very welcoming and there knowledge of these cars is really second to none honestly cant thank them enough especially gary who really went above and beyond to get my car running as it should be
. Unfortunatly the car ending up needing a new ecu, but gary got me excellent price on a secong hand one, got all my data swapped from old to new coded to the car and off she went good as new, its never ran so well im chuffed to bits with it!

Another thank you to martin aswell who kindly gave me n friend a lift to the travellodge we were staying in, in his cp420 rs, now that really is an awsome car, after looking at it a few times during the day it was making me like them even more, but after a ride in it i was decided i want one lol.

So if anyones thinking about taking a trip up to collins all i can say is do it, the level of service really is awsome, you wont be dissapointed.

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
Hi Corey

Glad we got it sorted for you - It was a shame that someone had 'butchered' your orginal ECU but I am not surprised that the other garage's could not find the fault.

However the quote from your local Ford dealer was scary and to suggest that you needed a new CAT was a joke

Just a shame you live so far from us

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Hi Corey

Glad we got it sorted for you - It was a shame that someone had 'butchered' your orginal ECU but I am not surprised that the other garage's could not find the fault.

However the quote from your local Ford dealer was scary and to suggest that you needed a new CAT was a joke

Just a shame you live so far from us
Top work as usual from the Collins stable!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Thats great to here that you got the usual top notch service from Collins, its great to here story like this. This is one of the reasons I'm going to book in shortly and make the trip from Ireland to them.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there gary

Yh i no i was quite shocked, dont expect you see them in that bad of a condition every day, and as for ford my car wont ever enter one of there forecourts again.

It was quite funny actually when they said about the CAT and i told him i had a sports cat sat at home waiting to go on his face dropped, think he was expecting to sell me a brand new one at god knows what price, cant remember weather i mentioned it yesterday or not but his reason for saying it was the CAT was because my engine apparently had no vacuum inside it.

Yh is a shame really, good for my bank balance tho because i think if i lived any closer come payday every month id be up there getting all sorts of mods done lol.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wat was the problem with your car for the ecu to be changed

I've got a funny feeling my st was mapped buy a monkey ill find out when I get it sorted
sorry for the late reply mate only just seen it, well while i was hunting for a problem a certain garage thought my ecu was at fault, so they tried to open without heating the sealant inside and just butchered it, all the outside lip was damaged and the circuit boards inside damaged also, which they'll never own up to so just going to have to live with the cost of there
up lol! I wouldn't of thought bad mapping would damage a ecu if that's what your thinking, more than likely the engine? Has it definately been mapped, what does your car boost too?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ford Cats are around £1000 aren't they?!

Wouldn't trust a Ford mechanic with my car either!
Aha me neither mate especially not now after this escapade lol! £1000 for a cat from ford :0
hell! It cost me less for a return ferry, 500 miles worth of petrol( 250 of which I wouldn't really call Eco miles
) fault finding and repairs at Collins second hand ecu plus downpipe fitting, ha putting it like that really puts it into perspective how expensive main dealers are.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts