Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well folks, the gutter press have got their way and john terry is gone
do you think rio is any better as a role model & will he be as good a leader on the pitch as terry?
other than the above, who would you have chosen to lead your country?

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I don't know how any body is going to take him serious as he makes me chuckle every time I see his face.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
As a leader on the pitch, Terry is the best we've got.
I've been a season ticket holder at United for 17 years and I'm one of the most biased United fans alive, but common sense suggests that Terry is a better leader. Lets be honest, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs get the armband before Rio does, so what gives him the right to captain his country but not his club??
Rooney would be a good choice in terms of inspiration on the pitch, but I personally prefer a captain to be either centre midfield or central defence, that way they can read the game better - that's why I believe Capello has given the armband to Rio over Gerrard (plays on the right for England).

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Paulted @ 6 Feb 2010, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't know how any body is going to take him serious as he makes me chuckle every time I see his face.

lol, same here.
he is'nt a natural leader on the pitch either! why do the press always try to ruin your chances for success!
i know mr terry did'nt help himself. but it has absolutely nothing to do with his on pitch performance.

Rio is hardly an angel either. currenty serving a 4 game ban for violent conduct!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am a United fan and was a season ticket holder for ten years and as much as i hate to say this surely Gerrard would make a better captain?? And with the way Rio is playing at moment will he even be in team

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(Foz @ 6 Feb 2010, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As a leader on the pitch, Terry is the best we've got.
I've been a season ticket holder at United for 17 years and I'm one of the most biased United fans alive, but common sense suggests that Terry is a better leader. Lets be honest, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs get the armband before Rio does, so what gives him the right to captain his country but not his club??
Rooney would be a good choice in terms of inspiration on the pitch, but I personally prefer a captain to be either centre midfield or central defence, that way they can read the game better - that's why I believe Capello has given the armband to Rio over Gerrard (plays on the right for England).

+1

·
Registered
773 Posts
Terry doesn't deserve the captains job tbh...

How many kids look up to their heroes only to see them go round
other mens wives!! By taking the role of Captain away from him, it proves to those who look up to him that no matter how famous / talented you are that you will lose such a high profile position when you can't behave yourself!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I don't think it really matters to be honest, ingerland ain't the best, are nowhere near good enoug to win anything. It's like giving a rats about the yoevil captaincy. Ingerland are a bit like arsenal, they qualify for everything, tend to get to at least the knockout rounds but still never harbour any realistic ambition of winning the competition.

And no, druggy is not a good choice, but what else is there? shrek's not captain material, gerrard is played out of position so won't be a worthwhile choice, that basically leaves lampard? no thanks!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
My opinion is that it does not matter who has the armband they will not play any better or any worse as a team, this whole business with Terry is a joke take the captains armband away but he can still play for England. Surely it has to be one or the other.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Dont see why a bit of bed hopping should affect a players selection either as captain or otherwise - personally a man who has questions over his attitude and remembering to pee (as already mentioned) and violent conduct just dosent fit the bill.

Apparently Capello rang Wayne Bridge about Terry losing the captians armband and asked him to look under his bed!

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
QUOTE(ST H16OPY @ 6 Feb 2010, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My opinion is that it does not matter who has the armband they will not play any better or any worse as a team, this whole business with Terry is a joke take the captains armband away but he can still play for England. Surely it has to be one or the other.

Terry needs to be in the squad so the other players don't have to worry what there wives are up to and keep their head in the Game

I agree there is not really much of a choice for captaincy and wont make a blind bit of difference.

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Rio is good, he'll take one for the team all day long ......
........ no wait there, that's Man U only!! Stupid boy

To be honest I couldn't think of a worse captain, isn't he serving a four match ban for violent conduct

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Ryan @ 6 Feb 2010, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rio is good, he'll take one for the team all day long ......
........ no wait there, that's Man U only!! Stupid boy

To be honest I couldn't think of a worse captain, isn't he serving a four match ban for violent conduct

lmao, maybe thats why his face looks all
up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts