Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I've tried endlessly searching through the threads on this topic and know it's probably somewhere, but I noticed my right interior light has gone out when I got back off holiday last night. The left is working albeit really dim.

Does anyone know what bulb part or can suggest what type of bulb I would need to replace the interior right boot bulb on the ST MK3 2017 model? Alternatively does anyone have any further recommendations with links to better replacement bulbs please?

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just realised that the right backing plate in the boot is black, does that mean there's only one interior boot light? If so, could someone link me and recommend to better brighter compatible LED light? Or dual boot harness upgrade kit that would be compatible?

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,272 Posts
Typical ford money saving lol.you can buy an extra lens and wire across for power but there not cheap a lot of people just use led strips cheaper and give a good light

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I just realised that the right backing plate in the boot is black, does that mean there's only one interior boot light? If so, could someone link me and recommend to better brighter compatible LED light? Or dual boot harness upgrade kit that would be compatible?
I upgraded my boot to have 2 lights and used this website for the wiring harness, then just purchased a bulb and the cover seperate. The cover was actually quite difficult to get hold of, so if you're going to do it then i would get the cover first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I upgraded my boot to have 2 lights and used this website for the wiring harness, then just purchased a bulb and the cover seperate. The cover was actually quite difficult to get hold of, so if you're going to do it then i would get the cover first.
I watched that installation video earlier and it look quite tricky pinching off that metal clip to ensure it doesn't drop or is that only on the RS and not the ST? How easy is this to install? Do you have a link to the cover, what is the cover?

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I watched that installation video earlier and it look quite tricky pinching off that metal clip to ensure it doesn't drop or is that only on the RS and not the ST? How easy is this to install? Do you have a link to the cover, what is the cover?
It is a doddle to fit, it took me about 5 mins. I got my cover from eBay but like i say they are like rocking horse poo to try and get hold of. Don't be put off by the clip they come out no problem just use a plastic trim removal kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts