Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between Revo stage 2 and Collins CP2v2, both have impressive power increases and value for money, just wondering which people would go for, as the Collins also says a intercooler is not needed which would save me around 450 quid

interested what forged internal mean though as Collins reccomends this, checked a few other tunes such as bluefin however heard these give flat spots at certain rpm, cheers for any opinions

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,370 Posts
Trying to decide between Revo stage 2 and Collins CP2v2, both have impressive power increases and value for money, just wondering which people would go for, as the Collins also says a intercooler is not needed which would save me around 450 quid

interested what forged internal mean though as Collins reccomends this, checked a few other tunes such as bluefin however heard these give flat spots at certain rpm, cheers for any opinions
Basically means you tune it at your own risk if you haven’t forged it and the chocolate pistons melt they hold no responsibility 👌

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically means you tune it at your own risk if you haven’t forged it and the chocolate pistons melt they hold no responsibility 👌
Ah okay, might be worth just playing it safe and going with cp1 little less power but also saves me 450 quid for an intercooler which I need for the revo

·
Registered
Alan St500
2,370 Posts
Ah okay, might be worth just playing it safe and going with cp1 little less power but also saves me 450 quid for an intercooler which I need for the revo
I think you would be ok with 2 as long as you read the rules on your engine and warm it up properly and don’t nail it in high gears from low rpm that seems to be the main cause of failure the mk3 guys @NickFST3 and @sttwoton are the most active guys with mk3s I can think of they would be better placed to answer bud 👌 if I’m doubt you can always ask @Andy and Kirsty for advice top bloke who knows his onions 🧅

·
Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,277 Posts
Read about LSPI, which can be a problem even on standard tune, the stock intercooler on the mk3, is in fact the same one used on the mk2 RS, so is plenty good enough for stage one, Collins seems to be the preferred tuner, Revo can be locked out, so you have to take it back to them for any other software mods, more importantly, an inlet valve clean and a catch can install is almost a must too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Read about LSPI, which can be a problem even on standard tune, the stock intercooler on the mk3, is in fact the same one used on the mk2 RS, so is plenty good enough for stage one, Collins seems to be the preferred tuner, Revo can be locked out, so you have to take it back to them for any other software mods, more importantly, an inlet valve clean and a catch can install is almost a must too.
Ah okay, yeah I just didn’t want to assume the intercooler would hold up as the mk2 RS is different engine so runs different temps, so luckily collins have ran it on only stock, not the most technical person you mind telling me what the inlet valve and catch can do? Cheers mate

·
Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
2,277 Posts
The inlet valves, are the eight valves that let the air into the cylinders, there are eight exhaust valves that let the burnt air fuel mixture out through the exhaust, making a sixteen valve engine, the inlet valves on the ecoboost engine become gunked up with carbon, because the engine is direct injection, there is no fuel flowing over them, a catch can reduces the amount of crank case fumes from getting into the inlet, by capturing the fluid into a can, which needs to be emptied every 3-4K miles, look for catch cans and inlet cleaning videos on YouTube for better information.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I have CP2v2 on mine & it is fine. I am also not forged as when I got it done Collins did not recommend it forged at that time. They did suggest the I/C active shutters could be removed if the inlet temps were getting high however I got an aftermarket I/C instead to ensure my inlet temps are nice & low. The map did have a bit of a flat spot around 3K revs if the engine was not actively accelerating which was a bit annoying however fitting the bigger I/C has got rid of this! All in I am more than happy with the map & Collins in general as they have been really good for any other advice & such I have needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts