Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oooooooooooooooo....

On ebay, I just found a reversing camera that fits in the number plate light space! It is only £28 and comes with 5m of standard AV Cable
I have ordered one, I will let you know whats it like

Ebay Link

What a brilliant idea

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
This looks good and a great price, not worth trying to sort one yourself.

What would this need to display i.e. woudl it work with one of the sun blinds on the thread the other day (how much are they?)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Although mine is wireless, I have issues with the camera lense itself, I'm going to look into changing it for a rounded bubble lense,

The problem with the flat lense is that you can't judge distances.

Dennis. I picked the sun blinds up on eBay, £55 the pair. And yes, it's a simple AV in.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
QUOTE(mcintoish @ 16 Feb 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>let me know how you get on as this would be good for my touch screen radio, as it has reverse camera output

Fine so long as it accepts NTSC signal. Most kit for the UK is PAL only. Worth a check before paying out.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
QUOTE(Scully @ 15 Feb 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Although mine is wireless, I have issues with the camera lense itself, I'm going to look into changing it for a rounded bubble lense,

Dennis. I picked the sun blinds up on eBay, £55 the pair. And yes, it's a simple AV in.

do you have a link to the sun blinds and to they fit the shape of the roof lining etc (look factory)?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 15 Feb 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is a brilliant idea, only problem i can see is threading the wire through the tailgate and getting it to the front of the car.
Yes I think this may be an issue. I may try and get another rubber tube (like the one for the rear washer) and run it into the car.

QUOTE(Scully @ 15 Feb 2010, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Although mine is wireless, I have issues with the camera lense itself, I'm going to look into changing it for a rounded bubble lense,
I did think that if the camera wasnt very good, I could replace it (I just like the holder with the light mainly)
Can you purchase cameras with a rounded bubble on? I cant seem to find any?
Would something like sticking a round bubble from a bottle lid work?

QUOTE(DaveCHCI @ 16 Feb 2010, 03:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fine so long as it accepts NTSC signal. Most kit for the UK is PAL only. Worth a check before paying out.
Yes, thats true. I think most do, my Kenwood DNX7240BT accepts both PAL and NTSC. You can also get NTSC convertors I believe?

QUOTE(Mondyst200 @ 16 Feb 2010, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you got a facelift foci why not get sat nav with the reversing camera inc
I didnt realise that the Facelift ST had the option of a reversing camera? I thought it was only the RS. However the RS Camera is over £300 to retrofit (not including the sat nav) which makes this one a little more attractive

I will keep this thread updated and create a how to if all goes well

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Having had more of a chance to look into this, it seems to be more to do with the 'viewing angle', but don't quote me on that.

Any idea how much the RS camera costs?

- But then again, I like the 'wireless' feature on mine.... ooh. decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am looking at doing this and I have a Kenwood doube din unit. How did you get on with this system, looks really smart!

Let me know feedback and if it's posative I may have to invest in this little unit!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts