Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Formally Coca
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a faulty reverse sensor back in July so I bought a new one from Fraud for £46 and fitted it myself. Now it has gone faulty again so I went into Fraud to get another and they said the part is covered by a 2 year warranty as long as I have the receipt. So I went home and found the receipt. I rang Fraud to book it in and they say that there may be an inspection charge of £55. How dumb is that. I told the guy on the phone it is cheaper for me to just buy a new sensor and fit it myself. He said he's not sure if there will be an inspection charge but that I will have to ring the garage on Wednesday and check with them to make sure.

Stupid Fraud dealers

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Tell them where to stick their inspection charge it is faulty give me a new, sale of goods act, not fit for purpose etc..

·
Formally Coca
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could you not have got it done through warranty or did you buy the car privately
Car was bought privately and the sensor was faulty when I bought. The seller deducted the price of the sensor (+ Fraud fitting charge) off the sale price.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
I'd imagine that they're just trying to cover the possibility that the fault may have a different root cause i.e. not the component that was replaced.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
However how do they know it is the new one that is faulty not just one of the remaining 3 originals??? playing devil's advocate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts