Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE NOTE... for USB FITMENT ONLY, and IF YOU HAVE THE BLUETOOTH VOICE CONTROL MODULE ALREADY.

Compatibility

ALL BLAUPUNKT DVD SAT NAV VARIANTS, if you require updating, please see how to on doing so.
SONY GENERATION 2 OVAL TYPE HEADUNITS... Version 5 onwards.

This is the parts listing for just USB fitment

Some images taken from another thread by another user.

Nokia Bluetooth Voice Control with USB Module -
FINIS: 1583717
From: 23-03-2009 BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, Voice Activated Module - British | From: 23-03-2009 Bluetooth/VC + Info + Navigation, Voice Activated Module - British

Photo below is of the previous version bluetooth module before it was superceeded by the Nokia Kit 6 version that allowed audio streaming via bluetooth, and mobile navigation... with your sony headunit, if its software is new enough you can use the bluetooth audio streaming feature. Both modules though look exactly the same, and if you already have 1 its plug and play to upgrade it.

Resized to 99% (was 1024 x 768) - Click image to enlarge

Ipod Holder -
FINIS: 1541417
Some people sugest cutting off the tabs on the bottom as "they arent required for retrofit install" but if you leave them on there, remove the cover from the back of the centre console.. you will see some faint lines which look like rectangles, those are what ford cut out in the factory and if you cut those out carefully following the lines you will see it gives the prefect shape to install the ipod holder and use the locking tabs on the bottom.. Please see further images below for details.

Aux socket on the Ipod Holder -
FINIS: 1471741

USB Socket on the Ipod Holder -
FINIS: 1497339

If using an IPOD on the system, the following Y shaped cable is required

- Audio Cable BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect
- FINIS: 1529487

2 below connect together to form 1 cable.

- Cable from the USB socket on the Bluetooth Voice Control with USB Module, which connects to the USB cable from the IPOD Holder -
- FINIS: 1520708

- Cable from the USB socket on the Ipod Holder -
- FINIS: 1520710
8M5T-14D202-CB IP Cable, From: 25-02-2008 RHD, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect

Center Console Jumper Loom that supports Bluetooth if you do not have keyfree -
FINIS: 1524725

8M5T-15K857-BCA Jumper, Floor Console, From: 03-12-2007 Less Keyfree System, With A/V Jack, BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect, With Power Point Plug 1

Plugs are from far end, AUX (Red and black) that plugs into IPOD holder, Rear Armrest 12v Power Point, Front 12V Power Point, Connection point into main wiring loom behind passenger kick panel.

with Keyfree(check with dealer first though before buying): FINIS 1524723 8M5T-15K857-BAC Floor Console, Jumper, From: 03-12-2007 Keyfree System, With A/V Jack, With Power Point Plug 1

Image by user "flex"

Connectors from far end, AUX that plugs into IPOD holder, 12v Power socket in rear armrest, Keyfree, 230v Power Inverter, Ford Power Push button start, Main connection into main wiring loom.

Those should be the correct parts, although as always best to check first for latest prices and part numbers

NOTES

• The jumper loom listed, and photo above in should be connected into the main loom behind the passenger kick panel on the centre console.
Now for the how to bit,

1) removing glovebox

a) Remove the following screws,

Image courtesy of MikeyG1981 - FFOC

b) you will then find the Bluetooth Voice Control Module tucked up behind the dashboard near the top behind the passenger airbag unit.

Image courtesy of MikeyG1981 - FFOC

2) Removing the passenger kick panel

a) first prize out the 2 plastic covers

b) remove the 2 torx screws you have now uncovered

c) unplug the large multiplug connector shown below,

3) Removing the centre console

a) lift the armrest, and undo the 2 screws on the front edge eigther side of the magnetic catch.

not the clearest image i know lol

b) then lift up the section of centre console you just unscrewed from the back edge where the screws were.. it should then lift forward over the handbrake, no need to remove handbrake handle the gaitor will just slip over the top.

- Tip.. put the car into a low gear such as 1st or reverse, and pull the handbrake up sharply a few times without pressing the footbrake.. the handbrake lever will pull up higher than normal giving better access.

c) next, remove the gearknob, it just unscrews anticlockwise about 9 turns, before removing the gearstick gaitor, prise up from underneath the plastic trim at the base from the rear left corner.

d) remove the mat inside the drinks holder

e) that should then reveal a torx screw, undo that screw

f) now you have the handbrake gaitor and plastic trim surround, and the gearstick gaitor out the way, the top of the centre console should now lift free.

g) next undo the 2x 10mm bolts eigther side of the rear of the centre console at the base near the drivers and passenger seat runners.

g) undo the 2x 10mm bolts at the very front of the centre console below the storage compartment

h) whole entire centre console assembly should now lift free.. remember to unplug the multiplug connector behind the passenger kick panel first!

4) Cutting out the ipod holder hole

a) remove the back cover from the centre console, at this point it should just clip on and pull off from the bottom and unhook from the top

b) you should then be able to see very faint moulding lines, which look very similar to this,

Cut those out neatly, following the inside edge of the lines.. be carefull not to deviate too much because the ipod holder barely covers it.. you have been warned!

final result should look similar to this.. although im sure neater lol,

5) Installing the IPOD holder into the centre console

a) undo the top 2 screws eigther side, securing the armrest to the centre console.. these are located on the inside of the centre console

b) hook the IPOD Holder bottom tabs into the newly cut out hold in the centre console, and move into final installation position.

c) replace the 2 screws you removed to secure fully into place

6) Installing the new jumper loom

a) remove the old jumper loom

b) install the new jumper loom in the same position and way as the old jumper loom... direct replacement.

c) plug the 2 grey IP/USB cables into 1 another, then route cable alongside the jumper loom, plug 1 end into the IPOD Holder

d) connect all other relevant connectors back up

Swapping Bluetooth Voice Control Module

a) reach up behind the dashboard

b) you will then be able to feel 2 torx screws securing the bracket to the dashboard, undo those... rather fiddly so be carefull not to loose any screws.

c) once you have unscrewed the bracket securing the module, unplug the large multiplug connector by releasing the lever.

d) now the bluetooth voice control module should be free from the car.. so the next step is to undo the single torx screw in the centre, and swap with the new module being carfull not to get them mixed up.

e) re-install module into car

9) reverse the above procedures

a) replace the centre console into the car

b) route the grey usb/ip cable up into the area behind the glovebox

c) connect the cable to the bluetooth voice control module

d) replace glovebox

Please can this thread be kept clean and concise this time! to minimise confusion!

I will update with any photos as and when I get them/on request.. please PM, add me on messenger or email me for more details.

Thank you for reading.. hope this information all helps.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Excellent guide, thanks for that.

We will shortly be installing the "Handbook/Tutorials" system where your post can be added. This will mean that there will be concise copy saved there, When the system is announced drop a message to me or a member of Club Staff and we will add this to it.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Near Middlesbrough mate!
unfortunately a bit too far for me to travel lol.

but if you want to install it id be happy to help with images, emails etc.. or over messenger if you want?
should be able to pretty much guide you through it with images and stuff.. lol and i dont mind dismantling my car to get them because i can pretty much rip the centre console out now in 5 minutes.. and need images anyway for the above guide to finish it off:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks mate! I was really excited there for a second.
I'm afraid I don't have the technical capabilities to even attempt such a job, But once again thanks anyway.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol, dont really need any technical skills.. all u need is a spanner and torx screwdriver.

rest is just plug and play so u cant go wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I presume Keyfree is the automatic unlocking when you get near the car?

I'm looking to fit this to my
which has the Ford Power button but you still need to press the fob to unlock the car - Would the first loom pictured be the right one for my car?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but Ford call the features different things here in OZ and it gets confusing sometimes

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

which has the Ford Power button but you still need to press the fob to unlock the car - Would the first loom pictured be the right one for my car?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but Ford call the features different things here in OZ and it gets confusing sometimes
if you have ford power button you need the key free loom... because the key free loom has different connectors for the ford power button

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi

Great guide, just a couple of questions

You dont mention the stalk with the voice button on. My 2010 car does not have the module or the voice button. Is there an additional plug for the voice button or is it all part of the same plug.

As mine does not have Bluetooth/voice at all does anything need to be activated at a dealer

Cheers

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi

Great guide, just a couple of questions

You dont mention the stalk with the voice button on. My 2010 car does not have the module or the voice button. Is there an additional plug for the voice button or is it all part of the same plug.

As mine does not have Bluetooth/voice at all does anything need to be activated at a dealer

Cheers
Hi haven't mentioned stalk as that is partnof retrofitting Bluetooth voice control, this guide assumes Bluetooth voice control is already installed and your just adding USB... Didn't want to include also adding in Bvc from scratch as it becomes confusing... Currently in the process of writing a Bvc retrofit guide separately.

Please pm me or email me on [email protected] and I will help people retrofit Bvc & USB from scratch as fitment depends on the car and 1 installation isn't always applicable to others.. So until guide is done better for me to help people separately... Doesn't need dealer activating usually.

Stalk just plugs in, you just remove existing stalk with no voice button and replace with voice control stalk.. Rest depends on cars wiring

·
Registered
349 Posts

Can you or anyone else confirm that the 'KeyFree' jumper loom is required based on whether you have push button start as just about to order all the parts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Will sound a very odd question but my facelift 2008 ST-2 has an air feed into the glovebox. Any tip in how to re assemble it? Got the lining out and can't get the ba*tard back in properly now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts