Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Afternoon all,

If I could get hold of an OEM satnav unit - with DEACT, could it be retro fitted to an ST2 - with normal A/C (guessing it's possible) but would it be a lot of work?

Cheers,

Andy

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi, yep can be retrofitted.

but would require brand new dash loom, DEATC air/heaterbox, and the climate control module if the dvd satnav unit you get doesnt have it already.. its normally bolted to the bottom of it, new fascia surround for it.

So dash would have to come out, aircon refrigerant extracted from the system, then refilled when done, old dashboard wiring loom would have to come out and be replaced with a new loom.

would also require the sun sensor that goes in the dashboard, and theres another one that sits in the middle of the switches for ESP, heated front and rear screens, passenger airbag disabled warning light, heated seats.

Then once all fitted.. would probably have to go onto IDS, because the DVD Sat nav should be coded to the car its installed in.. I have the DVD sat nav in mine and it knows the chassis number of the car.

Dash is surprisingly not that hard to get out though, because its a split dash.. you only remove the front half of it... and the steering wheel can be left alone. so its easier than it used to be.. just need to be methodical and patient.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(RB2004 @ 7 Feb 2010, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, yep can be retrofitted.

but would require brand new dash loom, DEATC air/heaterbox, and the climate control module if the dvd satnav unit you get doesnt have it already.. its normally bolted to the bottom of it, new fascia surround for it.

So dash would have to come out, aircon refrigerant extracted from the system, then refilled when done, old dashboard wiring loom would have to come out and be replaced with a new loom.

would also require the sun sensor that goes in the dashboard, and theres another one that sits in the middle of the switches for ESP, heated front and rear screens, passenger airbag disabled warning light, heated seats.

Then once all fitted.. would probably have to go onto IDS, because the DVD Sat nav should be coded to the car its installed in.. I have the DVD sat nav in mine and it knows the chassis number of the car.

Dash is surprisingly not that hard to get out though, because its a split dash.. you only remove the front half of it... and the steering wheel can be left alone. so its easier than it used to be.. just need to be methodical and patient.

Thanks for the reply - far too much effort, think I'll leave it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts